Smith and wesson model 18 no dash

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Greetings guys. I am looking at a Smith and Wesson model 18 no dash. It has never been fired and was part of a collection belonging to a now deceased gentleman. Here is my concern. It is stainless. Yes stainless. I have never seen one like that before or even heard of one. It has the original grips, No box, no paperwork, and they are asking quite a bit for it ( well over $800.00). I want the pistol for my wife, BUT I am just not sure of the price or the weapon. What can you tell me about this weapon? Is this a good investment? Thanks.

Mike :thumb:

tomthebaker

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not in the Book? Too bad it's a weekend. I have a friend that bought this gun, turned out it was worth 10G!!

He sold it pronto.

ai225.photobucket.com_albums_dd69_tomthebaker_IMG_7289.jpg

ai225.photobucket.com_albums_dd69_tomthebaker_IMG_7290.jpg

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Not in the Book? Too bad it's a weekend. I have a friend that bought this gun, turned out it was worth 10G!!

He sold it pronto.

ai225.photobucket.com_albums_dd69_tomthebaker_IMG_7289.jpg

ai225.photobucket.com_albums_dd69_tomthebaker_IMG_7290.jpg

The only way that pre-27 would be worth that much is that its an original "Registered Magnum" with letter, and original box. Plus being lettered by Roy Jenks.

tomthebaker

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
well, there were very few of this model made, less than 12 owned by collectors now. don't remember the specific model, ( i guess i could look it up) but the owner of the Smith and Wesson forum bought it for the nine big ones.

i helped put the deal together, so this isn't third hand info.

tom

tomthebaker

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The only way that pre-27 would be worth that much is that its an original "Registered Magnum" with letter, and original box. Plus being lettered by Roy Jenks.

it 's a 357 Transitional Postwar. letter from Roy, no box.not your run-of-the-mill Registered Magnum.Tom