Walther PPK/S Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clampett

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wife has a newer PPK/S (380). Of all our guns, it is the most finicky and has the most FTF's and Jams. Any ideas, or someone with experience in fixing the problem? Is this common for Walthers?

bigbang

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have you shot it, if so does it jam when you shoot it? If not, she may be limp wristing it. Make sure she has a tight grip when shooting. Also you can try different ammo and mags. Good luck.

Clampett

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have you shot it, if so does it jam when you shoot it? If not, she may be limp wristing it. Make sure she has a tight grip when shooting. Also you can try different ammo and mags. Good luck.

It jams on pretty much anyone shooting it, so I don't think limp wristing is the issue. Tried all ammo too. Forget Sellier & Belloit, PMC, Fio, FTF every time. Works good with Monarchs, Winchester, or Premium stuff for 50-100 rounds.

Seems to get dirty quick and it's downhill from there, while my little KAHR P380 keeps right on banging.

ohms

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It jams on pretty much anyone shooting it, so I don't think limp wristing is the issue. Tried all ammo too. Forget Sellier & Belloit, PMC, Fio, FTF every time. Works good with Monarchs, Winchester, or Premium stuff for 50-100 rounds.

Seems to get dirty quick and it's downhill from there, while my little KAHR P380 keeps right on banging.

I have a POS .380 Lorcin that won't feed anything but Win Silvertip

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a PPK/S that is flawless, but it took several hundred rounds to break it in. It likes FMJ and likes at least 95 grain ammo. I find mine runs great with Fiocchi FMJ ballammo or Remington 95 grain from walmart. Jusrt shoot it, lube it and let it break in.. PM with questions...

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is it a new S&W one? If so, you are on your own.

Is it an Interarms American made one?

Or a German made one?

Walther PPK and PPK/s pistols do not do well with hollow points. I own more Walthers than you can say grace over and have never had a shooter/carry piece that would reliably feed hollow points. Some people polish the ramps etc.
The solution is very simple. Carry ball ammo in them.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is it a new S&W one? If so, you are on your own.

Is it an Interarms American made one?

Or a German made one?

Walther PPK and PPK/s pistols do not do well with hollow points. I own more Walthers than you can say grace over and have never had a shooter/carry piece that would reliably feed hollow points. Some people polish the ramps etc.
The solution is very simple. Carry ball ammo in them.

True. The PP series was designed back in 1929 before HP's were around. Ball (FMJ) works best in them. Just shoot it; maybe have a 'smith polish the ramp, or run a 1,000 rounds through it and let it polish itself. #1 on keeeping it lubed, Walthers like to be wet. Once mine got broke in, its scary accurate and a pleasure to carry.

Latest posts

Top Bottom