Looper Leather Pancake Holsters?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anybody here use a Looper Leather pancake style holster? How do they stack up? H&H has them for a decent price. $50 bucks for a leather holster isn't bad if the quality is okay. Appreciate tthe input.

shelshy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looper holsters are great and will last you a long time. I've had other brands of leather holsters, but the quality isn't as good as Looper's. And the great people over at Looper stand behind their products

liliysdad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Loopers stuff is OK, but a bit utilitarian. They are a leather maker who makes holsters. One would be better served to spend a little more, and get a holster crafted by a holster maker. They arent bad for the money, however, and are at least more rugged than Don Hume, which I see as their direct competition.

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looper? I consider their products as "price leaders"... Galco, Don Hume and DeSantis or Bianchi offer a much better mass produced holster. If you shop hard you won't pay much more than you would for a Looper product.

Looper folks... not a slam. Take this as productive feedback and go with it. I'd like to spend local money... give me something to brag about.

ber

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looper holsters are great and will last you a long time. I've had other brands of leather holsters, but the quality isn't as good as Looper's. And the great people over at Looper stand behind their products

I agree with shelshy. I carry Looper products every day on duty off duty and I have never ever had one of their products ever fail to do what it was intended to do and thats carry a gun secure. Plus if somthing does happen to be wrong with your holster you can get it fixed or replaced locally. Try that with those other companies. Im not an employee or am I associated with Looper, but I do believe in spending my money locally and products that wont fail me when I need them most. But again I dont choose my holster for fashion either I choose them for fuction and purpose

lisaloo

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looper? I consider their products as "price leaders"... Galco, Don Hume and DeSantis or Bianchi offer a much better mass produced holster. If you shop hard you won't pay much more than you would for a Looper product.

Looper folks... not a slam. Take this as productive feedback and go with it. I'd like to spend local money... give me something to brag about.

I would rate their quality as better, but their designs are lacking.
I'm curious what you guys are wanting that you're not seeing.
Loopers stuff is OK, but a bit utilitarian. They are a leather maker who makes holsters. One would be better served to spend a little more, and get a holster crafted by a holster maker. They arent bad for the money, however, and are at least more rugged than Don Hume, which I see as their direct competition.
I've never heard this before....what qualifies someone as a holster maker versus a leather maker?

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm curious what you guys are wanting that you're not seeing.

I've never heard this before....what qualifies someone as a holster maker versus a leather maker?

Hey Lisa. :wave:

I think what they are talking about is the sharp as a razor detail boning that you see with makers such as Milt Sparks, the late Lou Alessi and Matt Del Fatti, just to name a few.

I don't know why guys choose to spend hundreds of dollars on gunleather that's gonna be covered up anyway! :ugh2:

I too am a recovering holster snob who has finally seen the light. :grumble:

Sorry sweetie. :(

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would have no problem with a Looper pancake holster, except I am an IWB guy.

My thoughts on the quality comments are along the same lines as GED's. Stiff leather boned very tightly to the details of the gun. After handling Looper products, I am sure that they are better than the Don Hume or Tagua I own (don't judge - I got them cheap).

But any of those compared to the Milt Sparks Summer Special I used to own... well there is no comparison. But you also aren't spending Milt Sparks money or having a 6-8 month wait. What is Del Fatti's wait right now...

Building orders from:
January 2008

Just crazy. I think Looper is right where they need to be with regards to quality, price, and availability.

But here are pics (from each manufacturer's website) to compare the boning we are referring to:

Looper:

aep_yimg_com_ca_I_yhst_76317331763364_2121_1884378_.gif

Milt Sparks:

[Broken External Image]

Latest posts

Top Bottom