I need some input for you guys and gals!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SureShotXD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I need some input on which one I should buy. A GSG5 or an M&P15-22?
I've heard a lot of good things both so thought I would ask what your thoughts are.
Thanks!

guns are dumb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Unlike making a choice regarding an AR where there are going to be standardized parts and what not, this really comes down to personal preference. Being that the GSG won't be produced any longer (from what I understand) I would have to question whether getting it worked on/replacement parts in the future would be something I wanted to deal with.

Based on the two listed, I would pick the S&W, primarily because I think it's better looking. However, when I made a similar decision, I bought a Sig Sauer 522 that is quality.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have an original GSG5. It is a hoot. I have been very lucky as I've had no problems with mine. Some of the early ones did have. I understand the new version (GSG-522) which ATI sells are improved.

Unfortunately, I can't offer a comparison to the 15-22.

Based on all I've heard about the various "tactical" .22s, I'd choose between the GSG-522 and the Sig 522.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Being that the GSG won't be produced any longer (from what I understand) I would have to question whether getting it worked on/replacement parts in the future would be something I wanted to deal with.

QUOTE]

The GSG-5 is now the GSG-522. ATI has so far been exemplary in their warranty and parts efforts. Not to worry.

ugoleftillgorite

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a 2nd gen GSG-5PK that I SBR'd, and it has been awesome. I had a few stovepipes with cheap ammo while the gun was "breaking in", but it has run flawlessly since. I did my own trigger job on it, bringing it down to a 3-3.5lb pull. Not to mention about 80% of MP5 accessories fit it, including the ones made for airsoft guns.

Latest posts

Top Bottom