Springfield Champion opinions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

claricSTi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am thinking about picking up a lightweight champion for a new ccw. I held one last night and liked it. This would be my first 1911 and would also fit the bill as a carry gun which makes it a pretty easy decision. I had originally planned to get a Rock Island until I came across these. The plan is to get a base model 1911 so I can customize it the way I want. I was just curious what you folks had to say about this particular model.

I have also thought about waiting till next payday and looking kimbers and loaded champions.

claricSTi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply. I have always wanted a 1911 and like Springfield and their warranty. This seemed like a great entry 1911 at a good price. I didn't even know they made a light weight model until yesterday.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Champions make excellent base guns. I'd shoot it for awhile so you can decide exactly how you want it set up.

claricSTi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's what I was thinking. It seems better to me to shoot it for a while, see what I want to improve and go from there, otherwise I would be shelling out for things I might not need. There is so many great 1911 gurus in the area that doing modifications to a base model would be very easy.

claricSTi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sights and a beavertail was about all I'd really want to do. I might think about the trigger but will have to see how the stock one feels first. No use in fixing something that isn't broke

Latest posts

Top Bottom