AR scope mount

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wormydog1724

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And when you drop your gun and it lands on the scope on concrete and bends the mount, LaRue replaces it free of charge. I would say no questions asked but they did ask how the hell I bent it, because I guesss its not a common occurrence. I don't know if any other companies do that. They might. But I know LaRue will.

Drebin

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'm sure the Burris, Nikon, and Rock River mounts work fine but if you really want a good mount just get a LaRue and be done. You won't be sorry. Now if your gonna leave your scope on the rifle and just shoot groups from a bench before setting it back in your safe for a good while, you may have no need for a LaRue. But if your buying a good scope and your gonna shoot it alot maybe use it for run N gun or duty if your LE, Military or a home defender, then IMO your wasting your time not just getting a LaRue. YMMV

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just order the Burris PEPR with QD feature for an AR mounted optic for coyote. I haven't received it yet but I have little doubt that I will have issues. I don't plan to run n gun with a magnified optic, I run open sights for that sort of thing. The PEPR should be fine for what I want it for. I couldn't justify spending what LaRue asks for the mount. If I have issues with my Burris maybe I will but for now I cant.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you want cheap, then it's hard to beat Primary Arms' mount.

If you want the best, then I've had good luck with ADM and LaRue mounts (banging up into a tree-stand doesn't seem to bother them at all).

magna19

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The nikon mounts from walmart for 50 bucks working just fine.You can drop your gun and replace a bent mount 5 times for the price of some of the others. Plus they are 30 min. from where ever im usually at. LOL

DeerAssassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I find it really hard to believe that a Larue mount is that much better than my Burris PEPR that I would really need to spend an extra $200 on it. Whats it made of, adamantium or something? $200 will buy a lot of boolets. Or beer. I have a feeling alot of you just feel that the extra cost associated with that name is giving you a false sense that what you own is better. It ain't.

Latest posts

Top Bottom