Oh hell no... (Chavez related)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The US flag can be flown half mast for Elvis, Mike Jackson, Whitney Houston???? Come on... It's only because Hugo is such an anti-American policy douche that this is news. I call shenanigans.

None of that is right. Flying the flag at half mast must be preserved for appropriate reasons, not bollywood idiots.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
None of that is right. Flying the flag at half mast must be preserved for appropriate reasons, not bollywood idiots.

It is right. While non of the celebutards half mast honoring was condoned by any official permission, it was done. I'm not saying it's ok, just saying it's not sensationalizing worthy news

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I totally agree its bad form to lower the US flag with the others but it's not "illegal" at all. They are 100% within their rights to fly the stars and stripes at half mast for many reasons. Here's a quote from "Answers.USA.GOV"....

"The President of the United States can direct how the entire executive branch of the government flies the flag, including traditions or customs for flying the flag at half-staff. While you can follow how the executive branch flies the flag, it is not a requirement. For instance, a local community, a company, a school district, or a federal agency can decide to have all of their flags at half-staff because of the death of an employee, a student, a mayor, or a local police officer.

The United States flag flies at half-staff when the nation is in mourning. These periods of mourning occur by Presidential proclamation."

So, while agree it's not a great decision, it's absolutely legal AND the US specifically wrote the rules to give the people the right to fly the US flag at half mast however they see fit. Which means, ironically, by specifically attacking someone else for flying the flag at half mast, the right to do so given to them specifically by the government, those who, verbally or physically, attack them could be themselves... considered unpatriotic. A bit of irony dontcha think?

kerryt1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I totally agree its bad form to lower the US flag with the others but it's not "illegal" at all. They are 100% within their rights to fly the stars and stripes at half mast for many reasons. Here's a quote from "Answers.USA.GOV"....

Read 4 USC Sec 7: http://uscode.house.gov/download/pls/04C1.txt

I don't get why people don't care when people disrespect the most prominent symbol of our country and values. Chavez was allied with people who want to kill us... And we think it's ok to honor him? Guess I just need to chill out.

www.algemeiner.com_wp_content_uploads_2011_03_chavez_ahmadinejad1_e1330403306678.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom