Ouch! Pit bulls at it again.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benjamin-benjamin

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
also BSL costs a city roughly 1 million per year to enforce.... great use of tax dollars... glad to see so many are in favor of the government spending millions of dollars to tell us what dogs we should own. Glad to see that people are finally coming around on the idea that Government should be more involved in our lives and tell us what is safe...

well at least i am worked up enough to go have a great workout at the gym!

SoonerBorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've witnessed this conversation: Bite victim: I was bitten by a dog Nurse: Why kind of dog was it? BV: I don't know. Nurse: What did it look like? BV: It was big and black, that's all I can say Nurse: Did it have a big, square head? BV: I don't really know. Nurse: Could it have been a pit bull? BV: It could have been. Nurse: I'll mark it down as a pit.

Well, that's one reason the nurse isn't a Dr.

So, what arbitrary percentage of the accused PB and "PB mix" attacks end in this kind of vagary?

120 Acres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
WOW... i need to drop out of this thread, it is beyond disrespectful to discount the expertise of someone who has dedicated their life to a profession, I mean if this is the case, why listen to doctors on what drugs should be banned and what shouldn't, why listen to any expert that has spent their life studying any subject.

I meant no disprespect whatsoever to SoonerDVM, and I hope he/she knows this.

What he said has nothing to do with my stance on the subject what I had been posting.

I have the utmost admiration for the veterinary field and am an animal lover thru and thru. To me a Vet is 50 times better than a doctor for humans. There is only one species of man! How many different animals do they have to work on?

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Well, that's one reason the nurse isn't a Dr.

So, what arbitrary percentage of the accused PB and "PB mix" attacks end in this kind of vagary?

I bet it's higher than you think. How many stories and studies have been done on the faulty memory of victims? A lot of people aren't that educated on dog breeds. And depending on the severity of the bite the victim may not be in a critical recollecting mood.

Was the man that attacked you Chinese, Japanese, or Korean?

120 Acres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
SoonerDVM is not a he/she. That's pretty rude.

www.mylespaul.com_forums_images_smilies_biggrin.gif

SoonerBorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bet it's higher than you think. How many stories and studies have been done on the faulty memory of victims? A lot of people aren't that educated on dog breeds. And depending on the severity of the bite the victim may not be in a critical recollecting mood. Was the man that attacked you Chinese, Japanese, or Korean?

Likewise, how many times was a PB mistaken for a Lab? There's just no way to tell. It's all anecdotal. Until someone takes all of these studies and breaks down each case these are the facts we have to go off of. Surely you can grant me that.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Likewise, how many times was a PB mistaken for a Lab? There's just no way to tell. It's all anecdotal. Until someone takes all of these studies and breaks down each case these are the facts we have to go off of. Surely you can grant me that.
Of course, except I would say stats not facts. ;)

You have to admit that the media is playing a huge part in this skewing these stats, a dog that has a pitish look (or just unknown) is automatically a PB just like any ar/ak -ish rifle is automatically an assault rifle.

Latest posts

Top Bottom