Poll: Snowden, (Hero) or (Traitor)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poll: Snowden, (Hero) or (Traitor)

• Hero

Votes: 66 68.0%
  • Traitor

Votes: 31 32.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Is a police informant a good citizen or criminal?

Judas was fulfilling prophesy, not exactly a heroic figure.

How bout the kid that released the helicopter vids?

If I was snowden, I would lay low, stay gone and let history decide. Wouldnt risk my neck any further.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He crossed the line from pissed off patriot to traitor when he started offering his services to foreign governments...

Screw him. I don't really care what happens to him either way, hero or patriot.

Agreed. Right idea, totally wrong way of doing it.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't think we know that. And I was unaware he was "offering his services" to the Russian government?

He offered his services to Brazil...and do you really think Putin is giving him a free ride/welcoming him with open arms just for the publicity angle? I have no doubt that he was thoroughly debriefed by the Russian security services prior to being allowed to reside there. They are still Russians and we are still Americans....

I would've had much more respect for Snowden if, after deciding to release his information, he stayed here and faced the music after the fact.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I would've had much more respect for Snowden if, after deciding to release his information, he stayed here and faced the music after the fact.

i1285.photobucket.com_albums_a589_caojyn_4106AE3B_2A2B_4B92_981D_C3A0CD18A4F6_zpsgpuq3xfq.jpg

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He crossed the line from pissed off patriot to traitor when he started offering his services to foreign governments...

Screw him. I don't really care what happens to him either way, hero or patriot.

That's pretty much the way I see it.
You know china and Russia have copies of anything he had.

Agreed. Right idea, totally wrong way of doing it.

exactly how i see it.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not happy he went to China and Russia, but going public without warning was the only way to get the wrongdoings of our government out in the open. When the executive branch stooges are willing to openly lie before Congress, we're pretty far down the rabbit hole. Without Snowden's leaks, we'd be in the dark on just how corrupt the system has become. We might think it's bad, but we wouldn't KNOW.

I'm not sure how many of you would be willing to ever release the information in the first place, much less stay CONUS and willingly go into the "black bag", never to be heard from again.

He's neither hero nor traitor. He's a man who did something that needed done. He subsequently felt he needed to flee for his life.

We may never know what if any damage to the U.S. his unpublished releases (if any) may cause. As for the damage done to the credibility of the U.S. government, he didn't cause that. The people who crapped on the Constitution and committed these foul acts did. Focus on the message, not the messenger. :(

Latest posts

Top Bottom