Think this Trooper 'Jumped the Gun'?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ETA: Discussions in PM have made this post unnecessary, except to say that while this thread is against the rules I've taken to leaving it and others like it in place as long as you guys behave.

To the extent that OKCShooter feels he has been labeled by me, I apologize. That was not my intent but it appears that it how it was taken.

Last edited:

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I saw the video - I'm sure the trooper thought the guy was going for something besides his license. That being said - OVER A SEATBELT?
Thank goodness the State is protecting us from our own foolish decisions.

Mitch Rapp

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
MMMMM-kay ... I've been a kinder, gentler BadgeBunny lately when it has come to posting and discussing incidents outside the borders of our fair state because I believe that nothing should be off limits when it comes to mature, adult conversation ... especially controversial topics such as current law enforcement issues.

B.B., I think this is a good story to have posted because it seems to show that the department involved is policing it's own, I am very Pro LEO, and think this is the kind of story that should get more attention. He messed up, and will pay a price for it.

I know you comment was directed at the OP, and I do not know his history, just wanted to point out that I think this is a good topic to see....

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
B.B., I think this is a good story to have posted because it seems to show that the department involved is policing it's own, I am very Pro LEO, and think this is the kind of story that should get more attention. He messed up, and will pay a price for it.

I know you comment was directed at the OP, and I do not know his history, just wanted to point out that I think this is a good topic to see....

I hear ya and I agree. I don't think the police are policing themselves more, I just think they are doing a better job of getting that fact out to the general public. There was a day when you would have never heard this story - but the fact would have still remained that the trooper would have lost his job and been brought up on charges. I know of instances of OHP policing their own I know of over the last 15 years that I've known GC that have not made the news ...

This is something that has always bothered me about the "general public", not just regarding police issues but about just about everything in life. They hear something on the 6 o'clock news and extrapolate all kinds of stupid **** from a 60 second new burp ... :nolike: It's just ludicrious ... And you can't talk to them about NUTHIN' ... Nope, nothing doing ... "I saw it on the news ..." Lordy, it wears me thin ... lol

I'm not a big fan of deleting posts, banning folks or censorship in general but I am NOT gonna let things go back to the way they were. Ain't gonna happen. If that makes me a biased ... or a ***** ... or even a biased ***** ... :P well then so be it. I've been called worse.

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's a direct link from ABC news...nothing about it made me think "Start Trouble" and certainly didn't even think "Stir the pot with regard to race". I didn't comment because I found the story thoroughly covered in the article (I didn't post a video).

I don't appreciate your judgement and subsequent accusations.

Last edited by a moderator:

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's a direct link from ABC news...nothing about it made me think "Start Trouble" and certainly didn't even think "Stir the pot with regard to race". I didn't comment because I found the story thoroughly covered in the article (I didn't post a video).

I don't appreciate your judgement and subsequent accusations.

Fair enough.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think the sudden movement and reaching back inside the vehicle scared the trooper. There are quite a few videos out there where a suspect suddenly reaches back inside a vehicle and comes out shooting and I think that this is what he was expecting.

As it turned out it was a bad shoot and I'm sure the state will be paying some medical bills and settlements.

I did NOT like the newscaster the way he tried to make it a racial incident from the start. "A white trooper shoots a black unarmed motorist".

Latest posts

Top Bottom