For there beiong no WMD

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
To be fair, he announced it 2 years before he was President. Not like anyone thought he would keep his word.

True. And, many of us thought what kind of dumb ass would tell the enemy "We will be done and going home by X date. You guys just lay low and pick-up where you left off after we leave".

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No the Kurds are fighting for a section of former Iraq. They don't give a shat if Baghdad falls. And what's left of the Iraqi army has circled the wagons around Baghdad like it's the Alamo but as soon as the see ISISs black flag they'll run like the pu $$ ies they are. They don't want freedom or Liberty or Democracy.

Iraq should be split between ISIS, Kurds, Sunning and Shiite......but even then they would fight like they have been for centuries.

As usual you cherry picked my comments. I never said the Kurds were defending Bagdad. I asked if you knew who was defending Bagdad and Basra.

Army Chief of Staff Gen. Ray Odierno said Monday he is confident that the Iraqi army can defend Baghdad from the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (ISIS).

"I believe the capability is there to defend Baghdad. ... But we'll have to see what plays out over the coming days," he told reporters at the Association of the United States Army on Monday.

Defense officials are urging patience with the U.S. strategy against ISIS, even as the group makes gains in western Iraq and on the Syrian border town of Kobani.

ISIS appears to be advancing closer and closer to Baghdad, however, where at least several hundred American troops and civilians are stationed.
On Sunday, ISIS militants assassinated the police chief of Anbar province, Ahmed Saddag Al-Dulaimi, and on Saturday launched bomb attacks north of Baghdad and into the northern part of the city, killing 48 and injuring 105, according to the Institute for the Study of War.

Chairman of the Joint Chiefs Gen. Martin Dempsey told ABC News in an interview that aired Sunday that ISIS could be within striking distance of Baghdad.

"Heretofore, we've been successful - mostly the Iraqis have been successful - in keeping them out of range. But I have no doubt there will be days when they use indirect fire into Baghdad," he said.

Dempsey said ISIS has come as close as 20 to 25 kilometers of the Baghdad airport, but that the U.S. would defend the airport, where hundreds of troops and U.S. aircraft are based.

"We're not going to allow that to happen. We need that airport," he said.

Dempsey pushed back against doubts that the U.S.-led airstrike campaign against ISIS was working to degrade the terrorist group, which he said was adjusting to the attacks.

"You have to be able to look at right now and you have to understand what it's going to take over time to deliver a campaign objective," he said.

"It wasn't so long ago that we were talking about the imminent fall of Erbil, the capital of the Kurdistan regional government. It wasn't so long ago when the U.S. embassy was actually feeling threatened in Baghdad. None of those are part of the landscape right now," he said.

jfssms

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So..the Potus has discovered a new way to win a war, you insert quickly, exert quickly and everyone comes home happy?

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
As usual you cherry picked my comments. I never said the Kurds were defending Bagdad. I asked if you knew who was defending Bagdad and Basra.

And I said what's left of the Iraqi army. Then I said they'll run. Anyways I'm off to bed. You go on hoping the Iraqis will fight for Freedom n Liberty n Democracy. I ain't gonna let my grandkids fight for a bunch of pu $$ y mooslims.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So..the Potus has discovered a new way to win a war, you insert quickly, exert quickly and everyone comes home happy?
No
And it took Obama to figure it out.

An see what it got us with that stupid decision.

Where are the governments in Germany, Japan, and Korea right now? Our continued occupations and protections have made them into country's with vibrant economy's.
The places we left, Vietnam, and the middle east have fallen back into chaos.
You can't deny history's results.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My question is this, why does Obama want to reintroduce "combat" ground troops into the middle east?

Why is nutbag McCain practically salivating to invade again? Who's pulling his strings and are they the same ones pulling Obama's?

Can't we just vote for Bill again? I've got his campaign slogan...Yes, I lied.....I DID inhale....and yes, I DID Monica.

Absolutely, but only if he made Hillary VP and shuffled her off to someplace completely irrelevant. Bill was perfectly fine so long as he was getting moist cigars and hummers in the Oval Office. Once The Emasculator cut him off, he got all cranky and invaded Serbia.

I want my POTUS getting it on a daily basis. it's obviously the only way to prevent war. Our next POTUS should be vetted on the attractiveness of his/her mate, and their willingness to duck under the Resolute Desk when their country needs them.

Just the tip. We'll just put the tip in and then pull out...Promise...

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why is nutbag McCain practically salivating to invade again? Who's pulling his strings and are they the same ones pulling Obama's?

Absolutely, but only if he made Hillary VP and shuffled her off to someplace completely irrelevant. Bill was perfectly fine so long as he was getting moist cigars and hummers in the Oval Office. Once The Emasculator cut him off, he got all cranky and invaded Serbia.

I want my POTUS getting it on a daily basis. it's obviously the only way to prevent war. Our next POTUS should be vetted on the attractiveness of his/her mate, and their willingness to duck under the Resolute Desk when their country needs them.

Just the tip. We'll just put the tip in and then pull out...Promise...

LOL. This has my nomination for post of the year!

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
cdn.meme.am_instances_57992019.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom