EAA .38 Special "Windicator"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cavagan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So besides the fact that it sounds like Elmer Fudd named this revolver, it seems to shoot fairly nice.

It is the 2" barrel, chambered in .38 spcl. The papers that came with the gun do not really give any information about whether it can handle +P loads. I read on a couple other forums that some were using +P loads in these EAA revolvers with mixed results. Does anyone know for certain whether these are designed to handle +P rounds?

I don't have a picture of mine currently, but it's basically the same as this stock image:

awww.eaacorp.com_images_Revolver_Windicator.jpg
f

farmer17

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm a diehard S&W fan when it comes to revolvers, so it's hard for me to be objective about anything else. I would try to buy a worn looking Smith revolver before I would buy a EAA/Rossi/Taurus but for a snub .38 the Windicator would probably be OK if you could get one really cheap.

Cavagan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm a diehard S&W fan when it comes to revolvers, so it's hard for me to be objective about anything else. I would try to buy a worn looking Smith revolver before I would buy a EAA/Rossi/Taurus but for a snub .38 the Windicator would probably be OK if you could get one really cheap.

I actually am quite inclined to agree with you, but picked this one up brand new never fired for less than MSRP, so not complaining too much.

Yojinbo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I not a moderator, but I can easily Chekov the list of rules you are violating by taking this discussion off topic... :)

Does EAA just import? Who makes these? I am seeing them a lot cheaper then I have ever seen a used S&W (that was operational).

I'm not tempted (yet) but I am an interested party.

Yojinbo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think all EAA does is import. They also import the Witness semi auto pistols.

...and the one of those that I have had is Tanfoglio made in Italy. Good gun with a few fit issues.

My only problem with those (EAA Witness CZ clones) is that real CZs are so cheap and soooo well made. 10mm is the only thing that drove me away from maminka .

Latest posts

Top Bottom