“We need to have common sense gun laws!”

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

engine4on

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is from the SnarkyBytes blog, so I can not take credit for it but it is good.
*******************************************************************************************

You hear the call all the time from those who would ban guns. “We need to have common sense gun laws!”

Well I agree, we do need common sense gun laws.

For instance, if the barrel on my shotgun is over 18 inches it’s legal. If it’s 17 3/4 inches long I could face 10 years in jail. That makes no sense.

My car is required by law to have a noise suppressor on it so I don’t annoy the neighbors. My gun is forbidden by law from having one. That makes no sense.

In some states if my rifle has some extra plastic on it, it’s illegal. That makes no sense.

In some states if my pistol is a different color, it’s illegal. That makes no sense.

In some states it’s illegal for me to carry a gun. Criminals don’t obey the law, I do and am unarmed when attacked. That makes no sense.

In some states if my magazine holds ten rounds it’s legal. If it holds eleven it’s illegal. That makes no sense.

In some states if a restaurant makes 50% of its revenue from alcohol it’s legal for me to carry there. If it makes 51% revenue from alcohol it’s not legal for me to carry. That makes no sense.

In my home state it’s legal for me to carry a concealed handgun. It’s illegal for me to openly carry one. That makes no sense.

If a machine gun was made in 1985 it is legal for me to own if I pay the tax on it. If it was made in 1987 it is illegal to own. That makes no sense.

If my revolver uses black powder, it is not considered a firearm. If it uses smokeless powder it is a firearm. That makes no sense.

So yes, PLEASE. Let’s have some common sense gun laws. We can start by getting rid of all the ones that make no sense.

TacticalJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Make you less of a target with a pistol on your side for the common criminal. You might get shot in the back by the hardened on though! I prefer concealed because that way nobody knows i'm packin! I do agree with the usage of common sense guns laws, however as already stated common sense ain't so common anymore, just look at our politicians! It would be nice to be able to go from state to state and have the same gun laws. My two cents anyhow

Gideon

Formerly SirROFL
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Make you less of a target with a pistol on your side for the common criminal. You might get shot in the back by the hardened on though!

Who would open-carry a defensive side-arm?

If I'm allowed to open carry, I'm slinging up my AR or AK. :thumb:

Latest posts

Top Bottom