‘Biggest Iceberg Evah’ Story Is Just More Climate Fake News

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The capability and the right to question anything and everything is a right that nobody can take away from me by trying to box me in or assign titles.
Literally nobody is trying to remove your right to question anything. If you want to be a scientific skeptic, and want to claim to be one, then act like one. I look forward to reading your rebuttal to the mountain of evidence that clearly demonstrates man-caused climate change. If you can do that with reliability and validity (in the scientific sense), you'll go down in the history books for eternity--literally--and change the course of our society forever.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You left out a large part of the story...the part where the round-earth deniers remained unconvinced by the scientific evidence of a round earth for a long time. It was scientists who took careful measurements, and tried to convince society that the earth is round. No, not even sailing around the world was enough to convince deniers...guess what they said?...it was "fake news!". The same things ACC deniers are now saying about climate-change science are the very same things that round-earth deniers said about the science of their time. Scientists (and citizens that supported them) were banned, shunned, excommunicated, and killed for trying to convince society that the earth is indeed round. It was *not* deniers that changed thinking about the earth being round...it was scientists, data, and enough time for society's acceptance of evidence-based consensus. The exact same thing, and process, has happened in today's society with man-caused climate change. Dennis, you are not in the "free thinking individuals" group in the story...you are in the "deniers" group.

What funny, and sad at the same time, is you believe that narrative. The great scientific minds new for centuries the earth was a sphere. It was the leaders, i.e., politicians, and religious folk that said it was flat.

Interesting...

...Here is Isaiah writing in Isaiah 40: 21-22. Also, Isaiah was supposedly written somewhere between 740BC and 686BC, so it was before many of the "flat earth" theories.

"Have ye not known? have ye not heard? hath it not been told you from the beginning? have ye not understood from the foundations of the earth? 22 It is He that sitteth above the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in;"

So, the religious folk would know of the circle of the earth if they had read Isaiah.

Also, scientists aren't the end-all. I would suspect that sailors and mariners, even of Isaiah's time, would have known of the curvature of the earth. After all, if one is at sea and away from mountains and valleys, the first thing noticed of an approaching ship would be the tops of the mast, followed by the sails, and that followed by seeing the hull of said ship. The same would be said of any islands or landmasses. So, I guess we have to call the common sailor or mariner a scientist.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Interesting...

...Here is Isaiah writing in Isaiah 40: 21-22. Also, Isaiah was supposedly written somewhere between 740BC and 686BC, so it was before many of the "flat earth" theories.

"Have ye not known? have ye not heard? hath it not been told you from the beginning? have ye not understood from the foundations of the earth? 22 It is He that sitteth above the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in;"

So, the religious folk would know of the circle of the earth if they had read Isaiah.

Also, scientists aren't the end-all. I would suspect that sailors and mariners, even of Isaiah's time, would have known of the curvature of the earth. After all, if one is at sea and away from mountains and valleys, the first thing noticed of an approaching ship would be the tops of the mast, followed by the sails, and that followed by seeing the hull of said ship. The same would be said of any islands or landmasses. So, I guess we have to call the common sailor or mariner a scientist.
Read up on the history of spherical earth denialism, and heliocentric solar system denialism, and you'll find why you're wrong. The sailors, mariners, and religious folk had seemingly reasonable and logical explanations for their observations...but they were very, very wrong indeed.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Literally nobody is trying to remove your right to question anything. If you want to be a scientific skeptic, and want to claim to be one, then act like one. I look forward to reading your rebuttal to the mountain of evidence that clearly demonstrates man-caused climate change. If you can do that with reliability and validity (in the scientific sense), you'll go down in the history books for eternity--literally--and change the course of our society forever.
Really? You just attempted to put me in a box again with that statement.

I look forward to you explaining the falsification of global climate that we have exposed on this forum as well as other skeptics. If anybody is a denier, it's those that blindly follow the erroneous findings of "scientists" that are bought and sold with government grants to continue a narrative and can't admit to the truth that the science is flawed and cannot be proved.
Your attempt to put yourself in the upper stratosphere of the mountain of evidence, most of which has been proven false, reflects on the fact that you deny that there might actually be something wrong with the whole concept. Who is the denier?
I'm reminded of the lemmings falling into the sea when on their migration when it comes to the warming or cooling, or whatever the flavor of the day is.
There are always a few of them that think falling into the ocean is stupid.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bill Nye.jpg

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A couple of things. First, the world has taken measure, even drastic, to reduce greenhouse gasses. The world, including the U.S. with the limited exception of the far-right, has accepted the overwhelming proof of anthropogenic climate change. Second, the "point of no return" is not when the event will happen, it's when the event becomes inevitable. If a plane has enough fuel to fly 10,000 miles, the point of no return is after flying 5001 miles. The plane can still fly 4999 miles before running out of fuel. Thankfully, the world accepting the reality of anthropogenic climate change and taking “drastic measures” has moved the point of no return out for some time.

Americans overwhelmingly believe that global warming is happening, and that carbon emissions should be scaled back.

Majorities in all 40 nations polled say climate change is a serious problem

There's no need to even debate the reality of anthropogenic climate change. But know that if you are a denier, you are in a very, very small isolated group. Like anti-vaxxers, 9/11 truthers, birthers, flat earthers, etc..
Good thing the world has listened and curbed those CO2 emissions upon which this whole balance hangs...er...wait.
https://www.esrl.noaa.gov/gmd/webdata/ccgg/trends/co2_trend_mlo.pdf

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is no doubting there is some bad climate science out there...but that's no different than any other domain of science...skeptics are the people that separate the good science from the bad science from the pseudoscience. In regard to man-caused climate change, "Deniers are not Skeptics": http://www.csicop.org/news/show/deniers_are_not_skeptics. In this case, you are not being a scientific skeptic, at all.
Recycling this garbage again?? Bwahahahaha!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Recycling this garbage again?? Bwahahahaha!
Lemmings falling into the sea. They think the more you repeat it, the words become true, but that is totally not the case.
The warmers are the deniers for refusing to accept the truth that their facts have been disproven over and over.
OK! second squad of lemmings over the cliff now! Form a line! No pushing or shoving! Keep moving!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom