1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

“The Walmart Walk”

Discussion in 'Self Defense and Handgun Carry' started by Eric H, Jul 11, 2018.

1. D. Hargrove

D. Hargrove Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Nope....

Cowcatcher and dennishoddy like this.
  2. TWSS

TWSS Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Stores have posted suggestions I choose to ignore.

dennishoddy likes this.
  3. p238shooter

p238shooter Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Welcome here. It is a great place to get a suntan and toughen you skin. Ha Ha You will find a lot of great guys here and a lot of info, and quite a bit of fun BS in between.

For me, Jeans on, 1911 IWB on, 16-18/7. Damn near forgot I had it on to go into the Wagoner County Court House today. Thought about it and my knife as I was getting out of the truck. Like other posters, a month or two, you will forget about it also. Just be sure you practice enough to be able to get to it easily and take a shot in almost darkness, you do not want to have to be looking at it and figuring how to get the safety off etc. (if you have one).

Accidentally uncovered getting out at a service station a couple years ago back. Guy at the next pump said. Is that a 1911? Yep, seat belt had pulled my shirt up undoing it and quickly getting out. Had it hanging out on my motorcycle also with the wind blowing my shirt up after I stopped, have no idea how many miles. So what? So nothing. Kinda like the signs I always miss by looking at something else opening the door.

Kinda like your kissing first girlfriend, no one else knows or cares but you feel different inside, it will get normal after a while and you will feel naked without it.

Again. welcome to OSA.

bigred1, druryj, Eric H and 2 others like this.
  4. saddlebum

saddlebum Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Oklahoma doesn't have a conceled carry license

p238shooter likes this.
  5. Zaphod Beeblebrox

Zaphod Beeblebrox Sharpshooter

One day, you'll feel strange when you aren't carrying. Then, you may decide to open carry when it gets hotter than Satan's balls out there (like this week). Because, putting on a jacket just to cover up gets really, really old.

And then, you'll notice NOBODY cares. In fact, they don't even notice, unless of course, you dance around like a ballerina. Then, they may notice.

BTW, welcome aboard!

sedona and Eric H like this.
  6. dennishoddy

dennishoddy Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I hear ya. We were in Albuquerque NM in May. I had forgot my National Park Access Pass, and we stopped into a BLM office to get another.
    When we got to the front door, I saw the signs and the metal detector. As I had the door open for the wife already, she went in, and I turned around and went back to the vehicle. Put the gun and knife away, then went back in. The uniformed officers at the door were grinning when I came back in and went through the check. One of them mentioned about me going back to the vehicle, and I grinned back and said I forgot my ID. Yeah right, lol.

kwaynem and Eric H like this.
  7. adamsredlines

adamsredlines Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I remember the same thing on my first outing. It was WEIRD but quickly went away.

I've encouraged a few friends to get their license and told them the same thing...and all agreed how bizarre it was the first time and how quickly they got past it.

Good times :D

Eric H likes this.
  8. druryj

druryj Devil Dog; Para Frog Staff Member

Moderator Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    LOL! Picky, picky, picky.

Cowcatcher likes this.
  9. saddlebum

saddlebum Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    The point being if head been carrying it openly he wouldnt be doing anything to worry about

10. Gunbuffer

Gunbuffer Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    GED has the same hobby, but then he goes and tells em. Like playing Marco Polo in the pool

Cowcatcher and bigred1 like this.