04 Impala "Service Vehicle soon"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have an 04 chevy impala LS that is giving this message in the info center display. From what I have read on other forums it is usually when you have a headlight out, well none of my headlights are out and the car will run the headlights all the time when it is running, be it night or day. A regular code scanner will not pick up the code it is throwing, apparently it has to be an advanced GM code scanner or something along that line. Anybody in the tulsa area help me out? My mechanic does't want to fix it. Its very annoying. It is not a check engine light.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Is just a regular service reminder? If it’s emissions you’ll get a check engine light. Could be plugs or wires.

MavMatt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used to own a Grand Prix and that light would come on if my wife didn’t tighten the gas cap all the way, some emissions crap. Tighten your gas cap until it clicks twice, and it will go away. You might have to unhook the battery to clear the code.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used to own a Grand Prix and that light would come on if my wife didn’t tighten the gas cap all the way, some emissions crap. Tighten your gas cap until it clicks twice, and it will go away. You might have to unhook the battery to clear the code.

Wouldn't that be more of a check engine light code??? I did buy a new AC delco gas cap as the original looks a little worn after 15 years. I was under the impression that service vehicle soon had to do with front lights, but all of mine work. Also, could be an issue with the BCM.

Latest posts

Top Bottom