04 Impala "Service Vehicle soon"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

918evo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You need to find a different mechanic. He or she won't fix your 02 Civic, and won't help you out with a simple light on the dash on your impala... come on. Unfortunately, I don't have any recommendations in Rogers County, other than to stay away from Fat Daddys. I have a couple of scanners that can read any code it may have; you drive to me and I will scan it for free. Some vehicles just shoot out a maintenance or service vehicle soon light as a means to get you to take it to the dealer for a service interval. An evap leak caused by a faulty gas cap seal would throw a check engine light.

POKE1911

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
This won’t help but might turn some wheels. I have a 2015 Tahoe that said something on the display cannot remember but could have been the same. I did research and found that it comes on when there is a security or alert system error. The most common in my vehicle was the seat vibrator that buzzes you if you get too close to something. I found that one of mine was out, it was like that when I bought it so I knew no different. Called the Dealership and they wanted $400 for the job. I get on YouTube and there was a step by step tutorial and a link to buy one for like $30, took about 20mins. I could care less about the vibrate feature but it was annoying clearing out the message every time I got in the truck.

I say all that to say that it could be a safety or alert notification error causing the issue. If I were you I’d start by completely disconnecting and reconnecting the battery. It could clear out the system...

MavMatt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Clear the codes and if it comes back then you need to do more research, I’ve seen cars throw a code for some strange reason and never come back. Sometimes the weather will cause problems. All the new cars have way to many sensors

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My old suburban with guages had an orange CK engine light on when I bought it used. I checked it over pretty well, but that was back before I had a scanner or there were free cks at the auto parts stores. Lady who owned it had bought it barely used and thought if the orange light was on, it meant the engine was running. It was a bad level sensor in the front differential. Sometimes companies go overboard with details of stuff, ya know.

Latest posts

Top Bottom