05/15/2022 Another Mass Shooting. This time at a California Church

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So what kind of suggestions do you have?
Losing the gun free zones and having fewer soft targets would be a good place to start IMO. And accurately reporting all of the facts around this weekends shootings would be beneficial as well. But as we all suspect, they've spent almost an hour this morning talking about the white supremacist Buffalo shooter and how he wanted to kill as many black people as possible, but they're completely ignoring his other comments about how/why he actually picked his target location.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's the rub. "as proposed", and there are certainly way too many problems with child cases. But why not work with GOA, OK2A, etc, to draft laws that would work? We hear in these threads quite often. "surrender is not an option", but that is exactly what we are doing when we do nothing. We have all these "candidates" claiming to be 2A supporters, well, show us, do something to stop these insane individuals from having firearms. Many of these folks have multiple instances of family members, co-workers, school councilors having raised concerns only to have law enforcement hands tied because that haven't shot anyone yet.

There is only one way to keep "these people" from "having" firearms - or any other lethal implement, device, or method that can be used to cause harm - is to lock them up or execute them after due process if they don't receive instant just rewards during the commission of their violent crime. Any law making it illegal to possess any lethal weapon will not prevent anyone from committing a violent act if they are out in free society and have a mind to commit any such act. It's no different than the adage that nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented and motivated fool.

There is no foolproof way to prevent violent acts before any amount of adjudication, red flag waving, background checks, or law. The best anyone can hope for or achieve is to be prepared to defend one's self in such instances. All I can say for sure is that if a person is not sufficiently prepared, they are destined to be a victim. Arm yourself. Who knows - you might save my life along with yours!

Woody

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Okay, I surrender! I did not intend to insult anyone, so if I did, I humbly apologize. I completely agree that there just is no proper way to prevent these events. But, if we don't continue to discuss, and ideas, no matter how wrong they may be, we will never find potential improvements.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Repeating the same old lines seems to be okay for us, so we can add "The folks killed in the grocery store also had Constitutional Rights, but "too bad, should have had a gun like the security guard"
They should have had guns. It would have been better than trying to run away and getting shot in the back ..... Constitution or not!

Woody

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why is it some of you seem to think a person dying at the hands of someone with a gun is somehow worse than another person being killed by someone by another means? What about the 30 or 40 thousand people killed by drunk drivers every year? What about the people killed by abusive spouses/parents/partners?

Evil takes many forms. It's still evil. Guns just happen to be a convenient target because...well...I don't even know why. I've wondered for a long time why people don't get outraged at drunk drivers (or just dangerous drivers that get cited over and over and over and then finally kill someone) and the number or people that die at their hands.

Murdering is murdering. Being murdered by a person with a gun isn't any worse, and in some ways might be preferable, to being murdered in lots of other ways. (Just saying there are some pretty sick people out there...not that being murdered is a good thing in any way)

And if every law-abiding person was given the opportunity to lawfully defend themselves with a gun at all times in all locations, you're damn right I think, in general, we'd all be safer. But not every person is. That opportunity has been taken from them by do-gooder types that just want to do "something.

The difference is that drunk drivers will not prevent anyone from enslaving a population like armed citizens will. Ergo, the hyped up demonizing of guns and gun owning citizens is a priority. It is a means toward an end.

There is no other viable explanation.

Woody

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Older opinion piece, but certainly still relevent.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/opin...orist-threat-perspec-0225-20150224-story.html

Since at least 1950, all but two public mass shootings in America have taken place where general citizens are banned from carrying guns. In Europe, there have been no exceptions. Every mass public shooting has occurred in a gun-free zone. And Europe is no stranger to mass shootings. It has been host to three of the worst six K-12 school shootings and by far the worst mass public shooting perpetrated by a single individual.

Killers often openly talk about their desire to attack where guns are banned. Last June, Elliot Rodger, 22, who killed six people in Santa Barbara, Calif., explained his own choice. In his 141-page manifesto called "My Twisted World," Rodger turned down targets because he worried that someone with a gun would cut short his killing spree.

That same month, Canadian Justin Bourque shot to death three people in Moncton, New Brunswick. His Facebook page made fun of gun bans, with pictures of defenseless victims explaining to killers that they weren't allowed to have their guns.

In the Aurora, Colo., movie theater shooting, of seven theaters showing the "Batman" movie premiere within 20 minutes of the suspect's apartment, only one banned permitted concealed handguns. The suspect didn't go to the closest or the largest, but to the one that banned self-defense. Time after time the story is the same.

Latest posts

Top Bottom