1,000,000 mile Tundra gets traded in....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wow. I sold my Tacoma with 331,000 on the original drive line, but that's nothing compared to that tundra.
I visited the Toyota forums while shopping and saw several with 3/4 million miles.
My 2016 Tundra rolled over its first thousand this week. I love it.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow. I sold my Tacoma with 331,000 on the original drive line, but that's nothing compared to that tundra.
I visited the Toyota forums while shopping and saw several with 3/4 million miles.
My 2016 Tundra rolled over its first thousand this week. I love it.

What package did you get? Tundra's on my shirt list, but haven't heard good things about mileage, especially when towing?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got the TSS sport package, 20" wheels, leather seats, TRD sway bar, electronic traction, sport cab.
I got 16.8 mpg Saturday driving to okc. Haven't checked it towing.
I towed a 1600lb trailer with a 4700 lb tractor and a 6' tiller that probably weighs 400 lbs the other day. The truck had no issues losing speed going up and down hills at highway speeds.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got the TSS sport package, 20" wheels, leather seats, TRD sway bar, electronic traction, sport cab.
I got 16.8 mpg Saturday driving to okc. Haven't checked it towing.
I towed a 1600lb trailer with a 4700 lb tractor and a 6' tiller that probably weighs 400 lbs the other day. The truck had no issues losing speed going up and down hills at highway speeds.
My only concern with towing was mpg, I have no doubt it has the power, its just whether I can feed the thing or not lol.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't think your going to find any vehicle that gets good gas mileage while pulling a trailer.
We have a Kia Serento that we pulled our 19.5' boat with to Missouri with, and it got around 15mpg. Normal mileage is 24, but its a 6 banger.
Put a big V8 pulling it and it probably won't be much worse. I'll know in our next fishing trip to Arkansas. Be pulling it with the Tundra.

Latest posts

Top Bottom