1.015 MACH Bombardier's new 8,000 mile business jet

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
The new Global 8000.

https://businessaircraft.bombardier...0-aircraft-flagship-new-era-business-aviation
1653365357308.png

From the article:

Some of the impressive performance capabilities of the new Global 8000 aircraft were witnessed as early as May 2021, following a demonstration flight with a Global 7500 flight test vehicle. The aircraft, accompanied by a NASA F/A-18 chase plane, repeatably achieved speeds in excess of Mach 1.015, a key step in enabling a maximum Mach operating speed (MMO) of M0.94 and becoming the fastest business jet in the world and the fastest in civil aviation since the Concorde. During the demonstration flight, the aircraft also became the first Transport Category airplane to fly supersonic with sustainable aviation fuel (SAF).

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That ain't no DC-9... The DC-9 had a range of about 1500 miles and a top speed of .84 Mach.

This baby will have a top speed 15% higher and will be able to fly distances that would have a DC-9 stopping to refuel over 5 times. And a DC-9 never flew at supersonic speeds...

Not to mention all the other passenger comfort upgrades. This thing is like having a car with the mileage of a Prius, the comfort of a Rolls Royce and the performance of a Ferrari.

And with its exceptional class-leading range and short-field performance, even more exclusive city pairs are now achievable, including Dubai-Houston, Singapore-Los Angeles, London-Perth and many others.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
More elitist BS while the rest of us deplorables have to resort back to bicycles and tennis shoes thanks to Slo Joe's Build Back Broker plan.

Do you believe in equality of outcome or equality of opportunity? Some people are going to have more than you and me. Some are going to have far less. If a guy can afford a jet like that I say good for him.

I'm not defending Joe Biden or his policies but not every one of those jets is going to go to an "elitist". Regardless, it's pretty amazing and impressive aviation technology. And I seriously doubt most of us are going to be riding bikes and walking everywhere. At least try to be a little bit objective. I know that's not popular with a lot of people here, but, maybe give it a shot anyway.

Latest posts

Top Bottom