1 caliber you wish you had more of, 1 you think you could do with less of?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lets preface this by saying there's no such thing as actually having too much ammo. I agree....but for the sake of argument....

Is there a caliber you think you have more than a lifetime supply of...aka almost too much IF there were such a thing?

And on the flip side, is there a specific caliber you could never have too much of?

I was putting some ammo away yesterday and realized I probably have 1.5 lifetimes of .357. I dont have a TON, but considering for plinking and range fodder I always shoot .38...I dont think I'll ever shoot through my .357 stash (It helped to find it on clearance at Walmart in Memphis for $6/box).

On the flip side...I wish I had 1.5 lifetimes worth of 7.62x51/.308. Aside from .22, I probably have more of it than any other cartridge but always feel like I need more and more.

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I only have downsized to one caliber and life has become wayyyyyy less complicated. 9mm is my drug of choice in hand guns.

NOW, having said that. I have a 22 rifle and about 1k rounds. And a .243 rifle and maybe 70-80. I’d love to be able to shoot the .243 more.

MR.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think I have more than enough of 8mm mauser. Ammo box full of it & I basically never shoot it. But its nice to have on hand.
Not enough in my opinion,
22LR, always need more of that,
308, definitely want more stock of that
& 6.5 creedmoor is something I want to stock up on.
I do reload, so if I'm not going to buy the actual ammo, I need to buy uber amounts of the ingredients needed to make the ammo.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think I have plenty of .22 LR, and almost bought another brick today because $19.99 looked like a good deal. I have very little .308 Winchester but don't shoot it very much. I probably have enough .40 S&W for how much I shoot it, but I'd like to have another .40 or two.

65ny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wish I had more 9mm and 38 special. I have what some would consider plenty, but can there ever be too much?

I could probably do with less 7.62x54r. When I noticed prices going up on it I picked it up whenever I found a deal. I have more than I'll ever use, mostly because I never shoot it. I have a few mosins but they've never been brought out. I bet they're fun though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom