#1 chicken producer.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Treemansam

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity. How much per pound does a rabbit cost overall?
We use about 6 pounds of feed to produce a pound of meat in the winter. Summer we are pound for pound because we tractor and give them all the garden weeds. Feed is $20 a 50 lb bag. So a little over $2 a pound in the winter and darn near free in the summer. We buy expensive pellets. You can use small pellet alfalfa and it’s About $12 a bag.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We use about 6 pounds of feed to produce a pound of meat in the winter. Summer we are pound for pound because we tractor and give them all the garden weeds. Feed is $20 a 50 lb bag. So a little over $2 a pound in the winter and darn near free in the summer. We buy expensive pellets. You can use small pellet alfalfa and it’s About $12 a bag.
Good to see you don't have issue with feeding rabbits to many greens. Some scour badly.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Near 30 days later and it's back on the Ninja. I just ordered more chicks myself, seeing as I was a boy scout moons ago. He mentions that it's not being covered by the media ? lol, of course not, they don't have the peoples best interest at heart.

Latest posts

Top Bottom