1 safe vs 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Say a guy needed more room...would you rather have two medium size (40 gun) safes or one HUGE safe?

Would be nice to only have one combo...but then again if I ever had to move it...2 smaller ones are easier to manage. Also puts all the eggs in one basket, but it would weigh a ton so that has its own security advantage.

Thoughts?

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, I'll take two. Two combos is not that big a deal (and I would definitely make them different). You do not leave all your eggs in one basket. It's gonna' take some manpower and coordination whether you're moving one or two. And, if you have a brain fade and leave one unlocked ... one ... you potentially lose only half your stash.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Or make some false walls in the house that look like a wall but hide valuables behind it..You could fire proof it also and or line it with steel and bolt it to the concrete etc etc.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd go with 2. If/when I get a second one I plan to put guns I use most in one with more room or put the guns I use most toward the door of each one. I really cringe bangin guns (mostly scopes) against one another getting them in and out.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd vote for 2. I have my safe overloaded right now. My Father-in-Law's old safe is still at his house. I need to get it moved over here so I can have room back in my safe again. When it gets moved. Unless I can convince the Mrs. to let me put it inside. It will more than likely live in the garage.

Latest posts

Top Bottom