10/22 for steel challenge

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Too quiet for timer to pick up. Too much of a pain in the ass
I agree with buffer. Not sure the timer will pick up the shots suppressed. Add the subsonic and I'm almost sure it will miss shots. I know someone that has a suppressed 10/22 and I think I have some subs, I'll try it out with my pocket pro 2 and see what happens

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Too quiet for timer to pick up. Too much of a pain in the ass

I agree with buffer. Not sure the timer will pick up the shots suppressed. Add the subsonic and I'm almost sure it will miss shots. I know someone that has a suppressed 10/22 and I think I have some subs, I'll try it out with my pocket pro 2 and see what happens
Horrible lighting.
117dc6d775ab2e23b8730d5ae26feb01.jpg

Spike's lower with a 3lb Timney trigger and a brake on the front so the timer can pick up the mz blast.

If you will notice the brake on the muzzle. I had to add that to make the report louder so the timers could pick up the shot.
If you tune a timer to pick up a suppressed rifle, it will pick up the shots in the bay next to the one your shooting in.
Been there done that.
The club timers at the OKC Gun Club are not sensitive enough for some standard .22 RF, or the RO isn't holding it in the right position to pick up the report. At one match they had me at like 1.3 seconds for a 5 target array. I questioned it and upon review of the timer it only showed three shots. Thats with CCI mini mag ammo from a barrel with no brake.
Bought the brake and now its not an issue. For the record the club timers go into the bucket and my squad uses my timer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom