10/22 Rear Sight to 1913 Rail?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSUFLYBOY

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good afternoon everyone, I have a question concerning a rear sight replacement on a 10/22 takedown.

Does anyone know a manufacturer that makes a rear sight replacement that incorporates a 3 or 4 slot 1913 picatinny rail?

I have a red dot on my 1913 rail on the receiver, but as y’all know, with barrel removal and reattachment some accuracy can be lost, therefore placing the sight on the barrel makes perfect since.

I have attached a few pictures of concepts, one from a company Skinner and the peep sights they make. It seems that if they can make that peep sight they could make one with a 1913 rail on the top. The other is a rail that goes on a Glock , so the ‘rail in a dove tail cut’ is doable (minus the part that attaches to the slides rear plate). And I guess depending on how high the rail sits it can double as a rear sight, just like it does for a Glock.

So before I contact the Skinner company to see if they can fabricate one, do any of y’all know of a company that offers one already? Or how about a fabrication company in or around the OKC area that can make one?

Thank y'all for the help!

"Watch your six, count your rounds, and keep your powder dry."
View attachment 182501View attachment 182499View attachment 182500View attachment 182502

Attachments

• s-l1000.jpg
    s-l1000.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:

DSUFLYBOY

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What type of red dot?
Right now I have a Bushnell TRS-25 on it, but who knows what the future holds. I can see if it were a mirco red dot having a dedicated RMR or Shield foot print be ideal as well. But for now a standard picatinny 1913 would be most functional.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I thought Skinner made a sight like you're describing. If not, I think I've seen one like it.

Going a different direction, doesn't Magpul make a barrel mounted rail for the Takedown?

A search or question on rimfirecentral.com may answer your question.

DSUFLYBOY

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought Skinner made a sight like you're describing. If not, I think I've seen one like it.

Going a different direction, doesn't Magpul make a barrel mounted rail for the Takedown?

A search or question on rimfirecentral.com may answer your question.
I'll be calling Skinner today to see what they say.

Magpul does make a stock, "The Backpacker" for $100+, then you have to buy the "Optic Mount" for $55+ that fits only in the Magpul fore end. That's a lot more money to dump into a 10/22 just to put a red dot on the barrel.

Depending on what Skinner says I may eventually go the Magpul route, BUT I really like the look, feel, and maneuverability of the traditional stock on it. The Magpul setup is very functional, but Space Cadet looking.

I did buy an adapter that fits on a 30mm tube that allows one to mount a 1913 capable device. My intention is to use my dremel tool and hand files to make my own dovetail to see if I can get it to work. My only concern is that the mount is aluminum and I don't know how well that will hold up over time vs steel.

Latest posts

Top Bottom