10 - 300X telescope

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
https://www.modernindigo.com/products/4k-pocket-monocular-phone-telescope?

567ac8e2ccc6c330e311660ba8f405fd.png

• Compatible mobile phone: iPhone 11 /11 Pro/11 Pro Max /XS /XS Max /XR/X/8 plus/8 /7plus /7 /6 / 6s /6plus/5/5s/4s/SE, Samsung GALAXY S10, S10+, S9, S9+, S8, S6, S6 Edge, S5, Note, LG, HTV, Sony, and almost all other smartphones on the market.
  • The telescope was invented by Johns Hopkins University and released on July 1. The purpose of this study is to achieve maximum magnification at the smallest effective aperture while ensuring the luminous flux and resolution angle of the telescope. This telescope is the first attempt to use nano-etching technology, nano-array technology, mesoporous assembly technology, thin-film mosaic technology, and nano-optical materials to make the flatness error of the lens reach 10nm. The luminous flux reaches 30 times that of ordinary telescopes with the same diameter. The resolution angle is 47 times that of ordinary telescopes with the same diameter. The maximum magnification reached 300 times. This is the first monocular to achieve this magnification and clarity on such a small scale.
MONOCULAR TELESCOPE SPECIFICATIONS
  • Magnification: 10-300X
  • Prism Type: BAK-S1
  • Objective lens coating: FMC
  • Prism system: BAK-S1 Prism
  • Field of view: 360ft/1000yds
  • Weight of monocular: 1.1 pounds
PACKAGE INCLUDEs
  • 1x 10-300X40mm Monocular
  • 1x Smartphone Adapter
  • 1x Extendable Tripod
  • 1x Storage bag
  • 1x Eyepiece and Lens Protection Covers
  • 1x Portable rope
  • 1x Cleaning Cloth

Raptor62

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I always thought someone would come up with this. On a vacation years ago a guy had a pair of binoculars on a tripod with a bracket to hold a iPhone he was making videos.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

ICanFixIt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do some research on some of the astronomy sites and you will learn that this is defying all that is currently understood about optics. The maximum useful magnification of a telescope is about 50x the aperture in inches. Any higher and the image gets too dim and fuzzy to be useful. So a 4-inch scope can get you about 200x before the image gets too fuzzy and dim, a 6-inch scope gets you 300x, and so on. This is not a hard-and-fast rule. Sometimes, when the atmosphere is unsteady, you can only get to 20x or 30x per inch of aperture.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought a little lens kit for my phone before we went to Rome. It had a macro lens for closeup stuff and a wide angle too. Was pretty cool, worked alright for the kind of photography I do, which is just being a tourist. Got some cool closeup macro shots of neat stonework at the Coliseum.

Nothing like @TerryMiller would do, but it was neat for me, and it cost me something like $20.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought a little lens kit for my phone before we went to Rome. It had a macro lens for closeup stuff and a wide angle too. Was pretty cool, worked alright for the kind of photography I do, which is just being a tourist. Got some cool closeup macro shots of neat stonework at the Coliseum.

Nothing like @TerryMiller would do, but it was neat for me, and it cost me something like $20.

Hey, I've long been a proponent of using what one has if all else fails. Good photographs can be taken with inexpensive equipment. Sometimes the clarity of a photo isn't the greatest, but the views can still be good. I particularly like a quote by Ansel Adams: “There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.”

I've just been blessed greatly with having a wife that doesn't mind buying me good equipment. But then, she gets here electronic toys as well, such as computers, tablets and phones.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do some research on some of the astronomy sites and you will learn that this is defying all that is currently understood about optics. The maximum useful magnification of a telescope is about 50x the aperture in inches. Any higher and the image gets too dim and fuzzy to be useful. So a 4-inch scope can get you about 200x before the image gets too fuzzy and dim, a 6-inch scope gets you 300x, and so on. This is not a hard-and-fast rule. Sometimes, when the atmosphere is unsteady, you can only get to 20x or 30x per inch of aperture.

nano-etching technology, nano-array technology, mesoporous assembly technology, thin-film mosaic technology, and nano-optical materials to make the flatness error of the lens reach 10nm. The luminous flux reaches 30 times that of ordinary telescopes with the same diameter. The resolution angle is 47 times that of ordinary telescopes with the same diameter. The maximum magnification reached 300 times.

I have no idea what this means but I do know new technology comes out every day. With the aliens helping us now, I have no doubt we will see more. :bolt:

Latest posts

Top Bottom