1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

10.5" SBR w/ Battlecomp 2.0 and Gemtech Halo

Discussion in 'NFA & Class III Discussion' started by ImplodedMindZ, Mar 12, 2011.

1. CAR-AR-M16

CAR-AR-M16 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Thanks for posting those pics. That is exactly what I was talking about. Far better to let the easily replaceable mount take the beating instead of the expensive to repair suppressor.

2. vdub

vdub Sharpshooter

Did you really mean with a flash hider or without a brake?

I agree that it is the wear on the blast baffle that you have to worry about on the shorter barrels and some companies will not warranty suppressors below a certain barrel length. However, I was just answering the guy's question and it is possible to have baffle strikes. I will say that my Knight's NT4 suppressor's blast baffle looks nowhere near as bad as that AAC's. I use the standard NT4 flash hider so the blast baffle takes it all and I have ran well over a 1000 rounds through the suppressor on the LMT MRP upper I used to own. I have since replaced that with a custom built with a 13-3/8" barrel so the blast it takes won't be as bad.