1000 rounds of live fire…

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m stealing this idea from Claude Werner.

The idea is that each time you go to the range, you count 50 fired rounds towards a yearly 1000 round total. You can shoot more than 50 rounds, but you have to shoot at minimum 50 rounds per trip for it to count towards your total for the year.

If you want to participate, just post a picture from your trip to the range and your running total for the year.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Does the fifty rounds have to be out of the same firearm?
No, it doesn’t. The idea is to get 1000 rounds fired over the span of a year in a semi-regular fashion rather than in just a couple of trips out to the range. It follows the idea that your only as good as the last time you practiced.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No, it doesn’t. The idea is to get 1000 rounds fired over the span of a year in a semi-regular fashion rather than in just a couple of trips out to the range. It follows the idea that your only as good as the last time you practiced.

If .22lr counts then I hit that within 2-3 months.... I'd estimate I'm currently at 2000-2500 already for the year. And my youngest is probably over 1500 for the year already as well.

Of course, We also hit our targets so...... :P

Last edited:

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Post a picture :(
You guys and your fancy stuff.
You are forcing my hand I will need to replace my Sony 3.2 MP camera since it no longer works.

I shot a little over 50 rounds when I went out and shot the 40 to see what loads it liked and shot 8 from the 6.5 CM.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Im pretty sure most competition shooters are over that amount by at least a factor of 10.

Absolutely! Most of us probably aren’t getting near that volume of shooting in on a regular basis.
Am I the only one that is saving my stores for when the blue hats storm our shores? I do function checks every few weeks, but don't have a sponsor to keep my stash in excess.

1000 rounds is pretty minimal per year. Especially, if you mix 22lr in with some center fire practice. My stash includes enough to keep my shooting up to a basic level of proficiency.

Latest posts

Top Bottom