1000 rounds of live fire…

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Quick trip to the range warmed up with the Nevada Concealed Carry qualification.

200/1000

057B52E1-EF3E-4DF4-B54D-DD44E7F473B8.jpeg

Adhdferret

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
1000rnds a year?

I dont go to the range without at minimum 1000 9mm, 1500 45acp, and 1000 5.56.

My son on his own will put down 2000 rounds a 22lr each trip.

CC379

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What duz chunkin half a tin a these at that big snappin turtle in da back pond count fer?
Don’t worry nun, it won’t kilt it, just bounces off n makes it mad.
Every time cousin Ernie hits it he has ta chug a hires root beer. We still got 5 left from the 6 pac cause his one eye done work so gewd no mo after he looked thru that hole in da beehive.
View attachment 272188
I was using an ak47 to shoot turtles in my ponds worked great some would explode kind of like a watermelon, then I started using a 22, would shoot about 5 to 10 turtles then go to another pond, started noticing no matter how many turtles I shot the numbers didn't seem to be decreasing. so, I started setting turtle traps and found several turtles with holes in their shells one had been shot 5 times and was still fighting as hard as the rest to get out of the trap

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
1000rnds a year?

I dont go to the range without at minimum 1000 9mm, 1500 45acp, and 1000 5.56.

My son on his own will put down 2000 rounds a 22lr each trip.
What deep pockets you have. How often do you go to the range? I shot a two day class a few years ago and didn’t go much over 1k.

ricco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The age old debate, quantity or quality and yeah some people can do quantity with quality, I'm not one of those people.

There was a time when each week I took 18-24 rounds to the range. My thinking was if I took the time to drive 45 minutes each way to the range just to fire 18 rounds I would be more likely to make that practice session count. Did it work, I think so. Given that it wasn't a controlled experiment I can only say, I think so. I would go early in the morning and typically had the range to myself, it kept distractions to a minimum. I no longer employ this type of practice as a routine but still do it occasionally. I should add, this wasn't my only time spent at the range, I still did the typical 50-100 rounds a week with friends.

okiebertt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have been to the range 17 times this year and average around 100 rds each time, so that is 1700 rds so far. I haven't been taking target pictures but here is some of the ranges I have shot and some of the guns.

IMG_3159.jpg

IMG_3163.jpg

IMG_3138.jpg

IMG_3242.jpg

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Shooting 1k rounds once in a year isn’t the same as 20 visits to the range in a year. It’s truly not about a particular number of rounds fired. It’s about regular practice of a skill. Shooting is a skill based activity, and you’ll become more proficient the more often you can practice, train or compete. The 1k rounds is just a practical number of rounds given that not everyone has the budget to expend hundreds of rounds, or could physically fire hundreds of rounds per session.

Latest posts

Top Bottom