1000 small pistol primers available $80.00.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've never used or heard of this brand name but I got a email from Powder Valley on them and thought I'd pass the info along..

https://www.powdervalleyinc.com/pro...l&utm_campaign=Banner2&utm_content=SA Primers
spp.jpg

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was researching these and some people complained of the round not going off.
Light strikes. These are made in Argentina.
I found one reply that a gent from Argentina posted about these primers.
He stated they do have a hard cup and if you have an issue with light strikes then fix that issue and you will like these primers.

Not a pistol but my Savage Axis rifles were sometimes going CLICK!
You know that is not what you wish to hear. I am running cci 450 primers and researched that Axis issue and many say it stems from the spring setup they use on it and to shim it and all will be well. I shimmed all 3 of mine .060" and so far so good.

MR.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got 2000 a while back.
I haven't used any yet though.

Just by looking at them to compare,
They look good enough to me. I need to load a tray of them soon & see how they do.

mouthpiece

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
don't think it is light strikes as much as it is hard primers on the servicios aventuras. Talked to a guy at the range yesterday and he tried them in 5 different handguns. Even with standard springs in revolvers he was getting 20% ftf. Other guns with lightened springs and trigger jobs were getting ~80% ftf

the Ginex have been good for me

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Gets me thinking.
I made 45 ACP shot shells from .308 cases and tried CCI 200 large rifle primers.
Had a lot of them that needed 3 strikes to set them off.
My fault.

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Servicios primers go bang consistently IF hit hard enough by your hammer or striker. You will not get 100% first hit "bangs" in light action striker fired pistols or in tuned revolvers. They fit primer pockets fine and will seat flush/below flush with reasonable seating pressure.

Latest posts

Top Bottom