$1000

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AtomicTango

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here is the scenario:

You are given a $1000 to spend on a firearm or firearm related peripherals.

What is your purchase?
-It can be 1 item or multiple, as long as it’s all under a grand.
-To keep it simple let’s not worry about calculating for sales tax or transfer fees etc.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Whats the time frame that you have to spend it all, if no time frame then hang on to it till you run across some good deals, whether it be guns, ammo or accessories for the guns you buy or what you already have.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I will take this a step farther.
You do not have any weapons .
Now what.
I would buy this as it has been very accurate and has a very large sweet spot for many different hand loads and I have never put store ammo through it.
https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/savage-10pt-sr-308-winchester-bolt-action-rifle

Savage .308 in model 10 with 18" heavy barrel.
Next a scope Vortex or Nikon..I know Nikon is going out of the scope business.
A simple 3-9x40 which is just fine for hunting and target shooting. That is $650 spent.

A lee single stage press (Cast iron) and Lee RGB die set. I do not need a crimp.
Some IMR 4064 and some Sierra Game King HPBT 165 gr bullets.
CCI 200 primers. Bore brush VLD chamfer some 0000 steel wool.

Should cover it.

After many years of reloading and shooting I would say you can't beat that combo for all around killing.

If there was money left over I would get some Red Dot powder 1 lb will be fine and some lead which I have and a
A Lee 311-100-2R mold for back yard critter shooting . A .309 sizer and Some powder coat.

rswink

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would be looking at either a 204 Ruger/22 Hornet/reloadable varmint rifle or a 300+/Mag loaded big game thumper or maybe a 357/44 lever/revolver or maybe new optics on what I already have or maybe a new AR in 5.56 for the little wife, or in 450/458 for myself, or maybe......

Wow, this would get long winded if I let it.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

bro_drey

Marksman
Reaction score
Jeez lol the only rifle I have cost around $1000 bucks so I guess I’m barebacking this conversation lol .remington 700 varmint sf in 308 (for the 26”heavy barrel)
I put a magpul Hunter 700 short action on it so that put me well ove 1000$ so I guess ide just be walking around with a barrel lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bro_drey

Marksman
Reaction score
I guess if I could only have one gun ide take a nice smooth bore 3&1/2” chambered 12gauge and some ammo. Shotguns are so versatile due to the ammo can put anything from #8bird to magnum slugs kill anything that walks or crawls on earth with that variety . Shotguns are by no means my favorite guns just such a broad spectrum usage if I could only get one would have to choose that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom