10mm 1911

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For a street price of probably $750 or less, it'd be hard to beat the Ruger. Ramped barrel and fine reliability. Sure, it has MIM parts, but I don't think that's a deal breaker anymore. I've posted my extreme affection for my 9mm LW Commander elsewhere, so I won't rehash it here, but it's a fine pistol.

If you're going to spend over a grand, I would look at a DW, but that's strictly from what I've read on the interwebz.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just ordered a RIA Rock Ultra HC 10mm. It's a double stack. I realize the quality may not be the greatest but double stack 10mm is hard to find. And I thought it would be cool.

If Sig ever comes out with a double stack, that would be really cool---double stack/double action--double your pleasure, double your fun and it's all in one gun.
:rollingla:wink2: :thumb:

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Remington has nearly ruined their reputation with me. I realize these are the Paras, but won't be buying anything Remington unless something changes. And I'd rather have shorter than 5" instead of longer (there's a joke on there somewhere!).
I hear a lot of the Remington hate and guess some of it's justified anyway. These aren't exactly the Paras - same basic design including sights but manufactured in Huntsville AL. But hey, it shoots for me and is more repeatable than my buddy's Delta Elite which I attribute to the extra length. I won't use a 1911 for EDC in any case so the extra inch doesn't create any issues for me. I did swap out the grips to a slightly less aggressive version of VZs that still match the ORB finish and also replaced the factory slide lock with an Ed Brown 10mm version.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just got my double stack 16+1 capacity 10mm 1911's in. The fit and finish is actually quite amazing for the price.

Attachments

• IMG_0498.JPG
    IMG_0498.JPG
    110.1 KB · Views: 158

Latest posts

Top Bottom