10mm handgun options.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think it’s a rebranded RIA.
Kinda thinking a single stack would be sufficient for me, rather than risk buying a handgun I dislike the grip size on. I mean, if I’m getting attacked by a bear I doubt I’ll be able to drop more than 5-6 rounds into it in those few seconds it takes to get to me.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have the 10mm S&W. Took it to the range the other day with some reloads using the blue bullets and a published 1190fps velocity.
Ran 60 rounds through it with zero failures like all of my other M&P's.
What I didn't like was the trigger design. I selected the trigger safety vs the thumb safety.
Don't know if that makes a difference, but the trigger is way too far forward for me, even using the small backstrap grip.
I don't have large hands, so the takeup on the safety part of it puts the trigger on the tip of the finger vs the first segment joint where it should rest.
I've had issues with the SW Series 1, 5" pro used in USPSA competitions. Converted over to the Apex trigger system that sets the trigger back almost a quarter of in inch and never looked back.
Don't get me wrong, the factory trigger is pretty good but it's my personal issue that is the problem with the smaller hands.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Kinda thinking a single stack would be sufficient for me, rather than risk buying a handgun I dislike the grip size on. I mean, if I’m getting attacked by a bear I doubt I’ll be able to drop more than 5-6 rounds into it in those few seconds it takes to get to me.
The ammo will determine the outcome in that situation.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have the 10mm S&W. Took it to the range the other day with some reloads using the blue bullets and a published 1190fps velocity.
Ran 60 rounds through it with zero failures like all of my other M&P's.
What I didn't like was the trigger design. I selected the trigger safety vs the thumb safety.
Don't know if that makes a difference, but the trigger is way too far forward for me, even using the small backstrap grip.
I don't have large hands, so the takeup on the safety part of it puts the trigger on the tip of the finger vs the first segment joint where it should rest.
I've had issues with the SW Series 1, 5" pro used in USPSA competitions. Converted over to the Apex trigger system that sets the trigger back almost a quarter of in inch and never looked back.
Don't get me wrong, the factory trigger is pretty good but it's my personal issue that is the problem with the smaller hands.
I have some pretty big hands, but really short fingers. That can be an issue.

NINEROUND

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I currently have 3 10mm: Glock 20, Glock 40 and RIA single stack 1911. While the 1911 carries better, for bear defense, I would go with either of the Glocks for the capacity. More than likely the G20 for the lessened weight for hauling around. It was my first duty gun as an LEO and I never felt underpowered nor did it weigh me down too much.

Latest posts

Top Bottom