10mm handgun options.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roy14

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If money were no object, a Triarc Systems
https://www.triarcsystems.com/product/triarc-tri-11-government-frame/
Bang for your buck, a Glock 40 (long slide 10mm model 40, not a .40 cal - Glock must purposefully use their model numbers to screw with their customers) is unbeatable.

XD, and most Springfield really, is junk, so anything is an upgrade from where you’re at.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a G20 gen4, RIA double stack 1911, EAA witness steel double stack, and Kimber ultra target II 1911. The only one I hated was the kimber. The Rock island is great, but had a lot of hiccups I had to figure out. The EAA has been perfect since out of the box. The Glock has also run flawless since I got it, but, I only “like” the fee of it with the large beaver tail installed. Otherwise it feels too blocky.

I also used to have the XDm 10mm, but it just wasn’t for me. Also had the Glock model 40mos for a while, but found that it always just sat in the case in favor of the G20.

If I wasn’t already fairly flush with 10mm, I would try the new M&P. I have heard great things and it looks great.

seconded for the EAA/Tangfoglio

how could you go wrong with a 10mm cz-75 clone?

I have a Witness in 10mm. So far I'm very pleased with it. If you like the CZ75 platform the Witness would be a good choice for you.

And it is comically accurate. I love mine. It has the “wonder finish”.
I may have to give these a second look. I heard some bad stuff, and I remember when I bought my XDm at Henry's ol Henry himself said that the EAA's were garbage. So i never gave them another thought after that. I do really like the look and features.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
And then there's this: My S&W 610.

thumbnail_img_0103-jpg.139266
I love mine. Altamont grips, smoothed out the insides, Wilson combat springs and a hiviz tritium front sight. It’s also the only reason why I’m neck deep in .40. I don’t even own a gun in 40 aside from my 610.
9DBC3D8A-665F-4072-AC38-C56B262F932A.jpeg

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I may have to give these a second look. I heard some bad stuff, and I remember when I bought my XDm at Henry's ol Henry himself said that the EAA's were garbage. So i never gave them another thought after that. I do really like the look and features.

EAAs are not garbage by any means. I personally wouldn't buy the DA/SA guns as I owned a 10mm full size a long time ago...... but they used to (or still might) make a Witness Match in 10mm. That was a nice gun.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
If money were no object, a Triarc Systems
https://www.triarcsystems.com/product/triarc-tri-11-government-frame/
Bang for your buck, a Glock 40 (long slide 10mm model 40, not a .40 cal - Glock must purposefully use their model numbers to screw with their customers) is unbeatable.

XD, and most Springfield really, is junk, so anything is an upgrade from where you’re at.
LORD HAVE MERCY. I wish I had the budget for that. Would be perfect. But I don't have $4700 to blow on a handgun at the moment.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
0C26965D-42A5-4550-9680-5E1A8604A227.jpeg

14ACC4DE-9D9B-4E6B-97BC-DB90DF43061C.jpeg

These are the two I own. If you're looking for DA/SA then you're going to be limited to probably one of the witness guns or a Sig P220. Everything else mentioned is a 1911 or striker fire.

They make a single stack as well. Which would probably be better for carry. Both of these are fairly heavy.

Last edited:

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
duh, I guess thats a good point. What kinda thickness would I be dealing with on a double stack 1911 though? Full size managable, or more like a large frame glock like the g20/40?
not sure on thickness, but that gun looks massive lol.

i mean most 10mm aren't on the small side, but yeah that double stack 1911 is going to be among the biggest.

the tangfoglio witness match is a chunk too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom