10mm handgun options.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Kinda thinking a single stack would be sufficient for me, rather than risk buying a handgun I dislike the grip size on. I mean, if I’m getting attacked by a bear I doubt I’ll be able to drop more than 5-6 rounds into it in those few seconds it takes to get to me.

Then why not save your money and use your revolver if you only think you’ll get 5 or 6 rounds off…

Roy14

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have some pretty big hands, but really short fingers. That can be an issue.
Why not have a Glock shaved/stippled then? I’m personally not a fan of accessorizing and bedazzling them like some do, but in the case of utility that’s a good reason, and may make for the best fitment you can find.

I think you’ll be disappointed in a single stack. There’s such a small difference in grip size going to a double stack, but you’re sacrificing ~7 rounds. When carrying a full size pistol, and in a modern caliber like 10mm, it just doesn’t make much sense to limit yourself to the same capacity as a subcompact. 1911 guys can say whatever they like, but IMO that platform is a compromise. For self defense around town, that’s just fine if that’s what you like, but if you’re thinking about bear defense I’d want to either have more capacity (along with simplicity and reliability), or go to a large frame revolver and be able to push a .44 mag (or greater) hard cast projectile.

Triarc is at the top of the game as far as fine tuned duty pistols are concerned, but Glock is the best capability per dollar value you can spend, and you might as well have the longest barrel option for velocity and to tame muzzle rise.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Triarc is at the top of the game as far as fine tuned duty pistols are concerned,

Um nope. What's their lawsuit status? Are they still shipping guns? Either way, I was extremely disappointed in the Triarc I shot for a 18 month wait and $4k. Pretty, but the lock up on my RIA 10mm and frame to slide fit was better than the Triarc.

Roy14

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Um nope. What's their lawsuit status? Are they still shipping guns? Either way, I was extremely disappointed in the Triarc I shot for a 18 month wait and $4k. Pretty, but the lock up on my RIA 10mm and frame to slide fit was better than the Triarc.
Can you give me some more detail? About your personal issue and also the lawsuit. You’re the first I’ve ever heard having any negative experience.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Then why not save your money and use your revolver if you only think you’ll get 5 or 6 rounds off…
Because I want a semi auto 10mm? I'm just being realistic, watching how fast a bear can haul ass is really revealing. I don't think many people can get more than a handful of shots off on a bear charging unless its charging them from across a pasture or something. There's an article in outdoor life or something talking about a guy who was almost attacked by a wounded brown bear. The bear covered 17 yards in under a second. The guy trained lots prior to the season, and between him and his buddy they got 9 shots off during the incident.
Why not have a Glock shaved/stippled then? I’m personally not a fan of accessorizing and bedazzling them like some do, but in the case of utility that’s a good reason, and may make for the best fitment you can find.

I think you’ll be disappointed in a single stack. There’s such a small difference in grip size going to a double stack, but you’re sacrificing ~7 rounds. When carrying a full size pistol, and in a modern caliber like 10mm, it just doesn’t make much sense to limit yourself to the same capacity as a subcompact. 1911 guys can say whatever they like, but IMO that platform is a compromise. For self defense around town, that’s just fine if that’s what you like, but if you’re thinking about bear defense I’d want to either have more capacity (along with simplicity and reliability), or go to a large frame revolver and be able to push a .44 mag (or greater) hard cast projectile.

Triarc is at the top of the game as far as fine tuned duty pistols are concerned, but Glock is the best capability per dollar value you can spend, and you might as well have the longest barrel option for velocity and to tame muzzle rise.
That's what I was worried about with the single stack 1911, and why i have yet to own one, honestly. The double stack fixes that problem for me, which is why it is appealing, but I would hate to buy a gun sight unseen, with the chance that doesn't fit me well.

Last edited:

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Can you give me some more detail? About your personal issue and also the lawsuit. You’re the first I’ve ever heard having any negative experience.

What more detail would you like? If you're on IG then head over to Joe Chamber's review of one he got sent for some work after 6K rounds. It had tolerance issues and poor lockup. If you're familiar with him, he will give you exact specifications on what he found. This is aside from all the issues they've had on the production side. Loved the look of their 2011s and ARs but they fell short. The lawsuit was between their shareholders, didn't really follow up much on that.

Roy14

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What more detail would you like? If you're on IG then head over to Joe Chamber's review of one he got sent for some work after 6K rounds. It had tolerance issues and poor lockup. If you're familiar with him, he will give you exact specifications on what he found. This is aside from all the issues they've had on the production side. Loved the look of their 2011s and ARs but they fell short. The lawsuit was between their shareholders, didn't really follow up much on that.
I’m not familiar with him, but I’ll check him out.

kd5rjz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a G20SF, like many others I found the grip comically large and unergonomic. Like all Glocks, it is super reliable with any ammo you put in it but it's not a very practical gun for me to carry.

Latest posts

Top Bottom