10mm Loading Needed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lasher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Due to my ever changing medical situation I need some reloading done. Either Pro or Private individual. I now have 500 Starline unfired cases and 500 Nosler overrun bullets. I will prime the brass and supply the powder and the recipe I want loaded. At a time when I need to begin getting rid of stuff I just can justify buying and setting up a new Dillon 650 tool head. I will pay the going rate for quality work. I want real 10mm loads, not watered down 40 cal loads. I will likely bump up the round count to 1000.

So if anyone knows of a Pro set up, or anyone willing to load these cases please PM the info.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Too much liability in my mind unless you have a really close friend that reloads for you.
Can you buy loads like you want and just sell the supplies to someone that may use them or are all 10mm loads powder puff loads?
I do not have a 10mm so no idea.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Too much liability in my mind unless you have a really close friend that reloads for you.
Can you buy loads like you want and just sell the supplies to someone that may use them or are all 10mm loads powder puff loads?
I do not have a 10mm so no idea.

Most of the off the shelf stuff is not even close to 10mm full power!! Even Buffalo bore is a little short of full power and it is advertised as bear protection.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
lasher I do not have the equipment nor the confidence in my ability to chance this. Good luck on finding help!

Do you mind sharing the load specifics that you want?

lasher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
using the Hogdon manual i'm thinking 7.3 grains of CFE Pistol, gives @1200 FPS, don't have an energy data point with the Hogdon manual. a web search puts energy at 550 foot pounds,,,which may not be a full power load

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have you worked up a load too see if the gun really likes it.
It would suck to make a bunch of ammo the gun does not shoot accurately.

read this. But of course we all know some guns are slower than others.
And light crimp vs heavy crimp makes a difference sometimes in the velocity game.

https://www.glocktalk.com/threads/cfe-pistol-powder-my-results.1546761/

Last edited:

lasher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
no, haven't worked any loads, that's the point of the topic. i don't want to buy new tool head for dillon 650 when most likely i'll be getting rid of it all in the near future

Latest posts

Top Bottom