10MM Shooters - What's in Your Holster?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Eat -n- Shoot, it is a get together where we pick a place to eat and sometimes a second place to shoot. Sometimes they are at the same place.

Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply, Speak Kindly, Shoot Well, Leave the rest to God.

Yep. That’s what it means.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
At the suggestion of my fiance, I decided to do some cleanup and she said the front closet would be a good place for my ammo. Damn!! I discovered more than 600 rounds of factory 10 mm rounds, most of it Federals, but also a partial box of Winchester 175 gr Silvertip, and (God save us and protect us!) a complete 50-round box of Cor-Bin 135 gr, listed at 1400 fps!!

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
At the suggestion of my fiance, I decided to do some cleanup and she said the front closet would be a good place for my ammo. Damn!! I discovered more than 600 rounds of factory 10 mm rounds, most of it Federals, but also a partial box of Winchester 175 gr Silvertip, and (God save us and protect us!) a complete 50-round box of Cor-Bin 135 gr, listed at 1400 fps!!

Wow, that’s a good find my friend! It almost makes me wanna go clean my closets out...almost, but not quite. Anyway, that Cor-bon packs a wallop. It surely does. And so do those Silvertips, which are hard to find any more it seems, maybe because 10mm seems to be gaining in popularity. But Underwood now has a 135 gr round at 1600 FPS which, according to the tables at www.ballistics 101, puts out 767ft lbs at the muzzle from a 5” barrel. That 50 round box of whoop azz could overthrow some third-world dictators all by itself! I bought and shot some; it was a tad bit difficult to hold ‘er down, one handed anyway, from my little Glock 29. It is ridiculously powerful for a carry round IMO unless you’re thinking you might get mugged by Godzilla or something. Right now I have my 29 loaded up with Underwood’s 180 gr BJHP, a more sensible round for SD uses methinks; it’s got plenty of power out of the dangerous end. Something akin to 677 ft lbs, but is much more controllable for double taps and follow up shots. It definitely lets you know you just pulled the trigger on something with authority!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom