10MM Shooters - What's in Your Holster?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frayluisfan

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm another 10mm fanatic. Glock 20, had the grip reduced, and got a .40 caliber conversion barrel so I can load and shoot .40 for practice. Love it. Reloading is the way to go, though, and if it wasn't for that extra barrel and a boatload of 1x-fired .40 brass a friend generously gave me, I wouldn't get to shoot it as much.

Fired a friend's G29 once, and was surprised how manageable it was. Sure it kicked some, but some people talk like it'll rip your arm off. Sheesh.

If you have access to a .357 mag or .44 mag with heavy loads, firing either of those a few times and then switching to the 10mm will make the 10mm seem much more reasonable. At least that worked for me, psychologically.

NINEROUND

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
340D19CE-8420-4449-87DC-33C1CC4184E9.jpeg

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score

NINEROUND

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How long have you had that? And have you shot it much?
I got it last Friday. So far I’ve shot about 30 rounds out of it. Due to daily high winds here in SW Oklahoma, I haven’t really stretched it for accuracy, but it does show some promise. I want to put an adjustable rear sight on it at some point. Recoil isn’t bad at all with 180 grain S&B ammo.

NINEROUND

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just shot the G40 again. I changed the the rear ameriglo night sight out for a standard Glock factory 10/45 plastic sight, since the night sight was waaaayyy too wide for accuracy. Fired about 20 more rounds and groups tightened dramatically, however consistently 2-3” high at 20 yards. So, again I traded for a standard 6.5 mm factory Glock sight. Hopefully that will drop the groups down some and get closer to point of aim. I’m not going to shoot it again today, but surely by the end of the week I should know something. Eventually I plan on putting an adjustable rear on, for better regulation of different loads and then use this as my close in deer blaster. It does ring steel with authority...

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got it last Friday. So far I’ve shot about 30 rounds out of it. Due to daily high winds here in SW Oklahoma, I haven’t really stretched it for accuracy, but it does show some promise. I want to put an adjustable rear sight on it at some point. Recoil isn’t bad at all with 180 grain S&B ammo.

I like that S&B 180 gr too. It puts out a bit more oomph than most FMJ Range Ammo, and I’m getting it for less than $15 per box of 50 too, online anyway. The Sig FMJ is a little bit more powerful, maybe, but it was $26 per box at Academy. I’ll stick to S&B as long as I can get it. Oh, that’s one mean looking pistol too. I like it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom