12 Gauge Darts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I've never heard of such a thing.

https://www.koshersurplus.com/product/paraklese-technologies-12-gauge-flechette-1-darts/
web.12.ga_.1.inch_.flechette.b_1.jpg

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I read an article years ago that this was the preferred shotgun load used by our military in Vietnam.
And later in other places with thick brush. I do not know if the military still uses them but if you have a 12 ga you should have some.

scott024

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought a 20lb box about 20 years ago. I wanted to load some up, but never got around to it.

Only place I found them available by the pound was Ebay, and they were $60/lb. I'm sitting on a gold mine and didn't even know it.

I am in need of some Unique powder. I think this is about to end up in a WTT classified.

IMG_1938.jpg
IMG_1939.jpg

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For those of you thinking these would be "bad"...... You would be right! THEY SUCK! I have shot both the military and civilian copies of this round. They won't even penetrate a 2X4 and very few fly straight. If I were behind a sheet of drywall I would be plenty armored if you shot from 5 yards away. You are far better served with Buckshot.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
yeah places like sportsmansguide was selling these for dirt cheap back in the day. i heard they sucked and weren't worth the cheap price back then; can't imagine zoomers are spending mommy's money on them for any reason other than video gamification.

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For those of you thinking these would be "bad"...... You would be right! THEY SUCK! I have shot both the military and civilian copies of this round. They won't even penetrate a 2X4 and very few fly straight. If I were behind a sheet of drywall I would be plenty armored if you shot from 5 yards away. You are far better served with Buckshot.
Great. The govt gonna outlaw drywall
Now