12 Gauge PDX1 Defender Results

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
At the shoot yesterday (thanks Ed) I finally got to shoot some of my PDX1 Defender 12 gauge shells (the ones with the 1oz slug and three 00 pellets). Results against a pumpkin were pretty spectacular, but more importantly they cycled my KS-12 (US built Saiga 12) just fine. They can be temperamental with some loads. Sorry about the lack of pics, I wasn't thinking about it at the time, but wanted to pass on the results. The shells in question Defender | Winchester Personal Defense Shotshells | Winchester Ammunition

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pumpkins are good, water filled gallon milk jugs are there too. Is there a load adjustment on the KS like on the Saiga ?
Yes

Edit: It comes with a two position gas system, but you can add up to a six position after market. I ended up having a "tactical tuning" done on mine that makes it much smoother and able to cycle reliably.

Last edited:

Pulp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All I can say about them is, if they hit the target as hard as the shotgun hits your shoulder, the target is in trouble. Them things KICK! At least when shooting them through a Rossi coach gun.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All I can say about them is, if they hit the target as hard as the shotgun hits your shoulder, the target is in trouble. Them things KICK! At least when shooting them through a Rossi coach gun.
I'm used to heavy loads through my KS-12, so I didn't really notice. Besides, I have one huge ass brake on it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom