12g Home Defense shells

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i have RIO 00 in both full power, and low recoil, the lr will do just fine , faster follow up shots.i have looked for RIO slug in low recoil cant find it ,anyone know where to find it??RIO is cheap and good too.

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd like to remind people that a round that may be great in one gun may pattern differnt in another. Pattern your shotgun or your results may not be what you expect.:puppet2:

DestructoJr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
slugs penetrate more than even large buckshot.

http://www.theboxotruth.com/docs/bot3.htm

Yep I see that,

I should have been more specific 00 Buck penetrates farther in ballistic jelly, The slugs expand and deliver more energy into that surface, I would assume its like the mythbusters where they shot rounds into a pool, the bigger the round the less "Penetration" the bullet had in the water.

If you miss the slug will penetrate more stuff, If you hit your target the slug will expand more rapidly and deliver more energy to the target than the buckshot and will have less energy if it penetrates all the way through the subject

BobBarker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Took two rounds of birdshot from around 12 feet for me to kill an armadillo. First, shot opened him up and he was twitching and squirming away. Second killed him. First shot would have been fatal probably within 5 minutes, but didn't want him to suffer. Federal 7.5 shot, 1 1/8 oz load from Walmart value pack.

Latest posts

Top Bottom