13 months later, still no SBR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TJay74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I bought a new SBR 10/2019, did the electronic process at the dealer and everything was cashed by the ATF by 10/20/19. Dealer said it would be 4-7 months at that time based on previous Form 4's.

Then Covid hits, so I let it go for a bit. I just called to poke into the process last week. Dealer calls the ATF and is told things are slowed down again and my Form 4 had fallen thru the cracks. Said that it was being pushed thru.

I get ahold of the examiner at the ATF and basically even though my check was cashed 10/20/19 the ATF didnt log into their system until late 11/2019. My file was transferred into the FBI system 7/2020 and currently the FBI is working on 6/2020 files. Hoping it will bee only another 4-8 weeks until I get the stamp in.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So I bought a new SBR 10/2019, did the electronic process at the dealer and everything was cashed by the ATF by 10/20/19. Dealer said it would be 4-7 months at that time based on previous Form 4's.

Then Covid hits, so I let it go for a bit. I just called to poke into the process last week. Dealer calls the ATF and is told things are slowed down again and my Form 4 had fallen thru the cracks. Said that it was being pushed thru.

I get ahold of the examiner at the ATF and basically even though my check was cashed 10/20/19 the ATF didnt log into their system until late 11/2019. My file was transferred into the FBI system 7/2020 and currently the FBI is working on 6/2020 files. Hoping it will bee only another 4-8 weeks until I get the stamp in.

and this is why the entire nfa system is complete ********, this should be done on site, if you can pass a ncis check there is no damn reason why a nfa item should be the same, ok pay the damn tax, dealer cancels the stamp, you walk out the door with your suppressor, sbr, sbs or whatever.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
and this is why the entire nfa system is complete ********, this should be done on site, if you can pass a ncis check there is no damn reason why a nfa item should be the same, ok pay the damn tax, dealer cancels the stamp, you walk out the door with your suppressor, sbr, sbs or whatever.

Or how about suppressors are treated like magazines, optics or other accessories like EARMUFFS??? You walk in, pay your money and walk yo happy ass out the door. Or, how about the whole NFA is UNconstitutional?

Latest posts

Top Bottom