1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

14 Mossberg 500 That ISN’T NFA!

Discussion in 'NFA & Class III Discussion' started by OkieDokie1982, Mar 3, 2012.

1. AR Addict

AR Addict Marksman

Rating
    100%
    Yeah something like that or the Magpul Forend would let you mount a laser. I've never really used a laser but that "center mass" one they make now would probably be easy to pick up on target.

MadDogs likes this.
  2. MadDogs

MadDogs Sharpshooter

Damn you for mentioning that "center of mass" laser! That would be awesome on that weapon!

Now I am thinking about it again!

3. Perplexed

Perplexed Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Read back through the thread. Some folks insist it's fine, but others like myself and the resident lawyer with experience in firearms-related cases think it's probably not legal in OK. Probably a LEO or DA won't give you flak if they find you with a Shockwave, but it just takes one to have an issue with it to ruin your day.

harley128 likes this.
  4. HiredHand

HiredHand Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Maybe OK2A would be willing to tackle this issue and get the OK firearms definitions changed.

harley128 likes this.
  5. Perplexed

Perplexed Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Hopefully they'd have more clout than the mere individuals who contacted the AG's office for a clarification and got nothing but crickets.

6. amcardon

amcardon Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Just got my raptor grip back after getting some stippling done on it (one of the P320 modules is mine as well), will put screw it back on once home. Still haven't shot my shockwave, haven't had a chance...

MadDogs likes this.
  7. AR Addict

AR Addict Marksman

Rating
    100%
    If they're selling them here in OK I don't see how they can they go after anyone for owning them, I'm expecting there will be a lot of these sold in the state, "the cat will be out of the bag" by then. I know myself and several friends would like one, just for fun. But I don't want to be the guy to test that theory either! Lol

MadDogs likes this.
  8. copertop80

copertop80 Sharpshooter

Rating
    88.9%
    Just saw one at a local gunshop, I had already committed to buy a vp9 tomorrow, but that deal fell through... I'm pretty sure that it's God telling me I really need this gun so I'm gonna go by and pick it up.. I will be holding on to the receipt box ect ect ect probably gonna get on the atf's site and print off the opinion letter to keep with it whenever I take it out..

9. Perplexed

Perplexed Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    What if an LEO shows you the Oklahoma statute? Then what?

I'd really like to get a Shockwave just because it's cool, but not with that kind of risk. It may be very small, but the consequences could be bad. I'm waiting to see if the state AG's office ever comes out with a clarification.

But until then, good luck to all those of you who get one, and enjoy!

10. CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Not only does Henrys still have three Shockwaves, they also have approx. 36 shockwave grips and a stack of Maverick 88s with 18" barrels...Much safer for all

[​IMG]

n423 likes this.