14 Mossberg 500 That ISN’T NFA!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Defcon Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just received in the mail (for the second time) a throw-away advertisement from Academy Sports showing the Mossberg 'Shockwave' (with photo) on sale for $299.99. With this firearm being openly advertised by a major retailer, I think that the likelihood of being prosecuted under state firearm laws for possession would be nil.
Remember that when your attorney bills hit 5k

RKM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Saw a lot of them being carried and sold at the Wannamacher. As many time as the ATF has sent in undercover agents to trick, trip and coerce dealers into illegal transactions at gun shows, you would think they would have arrested those carrying or selling the shockwaves.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have shot short shotguns with no stock and they are terrible for hunting.
If you just want a cool around the house gun I suppose it would be good.
I like to shoulder my shotguns.
If you try and shoulder or look down the barrel sights of a pistol grip shotgun and pull the trigger you will get a thump to the face that will bring you to your knees.
Hip shots only.
All the reading I did seems to point to it being legal.

I say if ya want one go get one.. MY A5 Browning will run circles around it in any situation just saying.
Well except for shortest shotty wins then the A5 will be the loser.

killerpigeon

Native off the Reservation
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What a shockwave can be turned into. It took five months, but was well worth it.
583db05327512e08b86eab84ed659248.jpg

Forty

New to the site!
Reaction score
Not sure if it was covered later, but as of November 1st the Shockwave is fine in Oklahoma. If this was covered, I apologize.

Oklahoma SB 24: This Act amended multiple definitions of the State code to clarify that pistol grip only shotguns (e.g., Mossberg Shockwave or Remington Tac-14) are not “short barreled shotguns” under State law. This Act takes effect November 1, 2019.

harley128

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not sure if it was covered later, but as of November 1st the Shockwave is fine in Oklahoma. If this was covered, I apologize.

Oklahoma SB 24: This Act amended multiple definitions of the State code to clarify that pistol grip only shotguns (e.g., Mossberg Shockwave or Remington Tac-14) are not “short barreled shotguns” under State law. This Act takes effect November 1, 2019.
Great. Thanks

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I saw that they redefined what a sawed-off shotgun is. Certainly looks like the Shockwave and the Remington counterpart are now fine to own in OK.

Latest posts

Top Bottom