• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

Oklahoma City 150 Grain SST's-.308

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

osupoke

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Sub Category
Reloading Supplies
Is this item for sale?
  1. For Sale
Sale Price
25$
Caliber
Piedmont/Yukon, 73099, Piedmont, Oklahoma, United States
My 12-year old son just bought his first deer rifle a few weeks ago, and we're trying to get a load worked up for it. Bought a box of 150 gr. Hornady SST's, and the rifle doesn't like them. I suspect it doesn't like secant ogive bullets (it also doesn't like the 178 ELD-X's I shoot).

Got 88 left; 12 pulled and 76 untouched. Anyone give me $25 for them to help my boy offset some expenses?

May be able to meet in Piedmont, OKC, Yukon, or Edmond depending on time.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Tighten stock screws. Remove scope bases and degrease. Reassemble clean parts and properly tighten all parts. Try shooting again.

osupoke

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Wow gents, thanks for the response! After my last failed round with the SST's, I broke down and bought a box of Sig ammo loaded with 165 grain Accubonds. MUCH better! (Big relief; confirmed that it's not the rifle and/or scope that are flaky).

That being said, I don't know if it's the 165 grain weight it likes or if it's the bullet design. The Hornady's it didn't like were all secant ogive bullets; the Noslers appear to be a tangent ogive bullet.

My initial loads for it have all been with Reloader 15. I know there are lots of other good (better?) options out there, but my .308 loves Reloader 15 and I have a few pounds on hand so I'm hoping I can make that work.

Latest posts

Top Bottom