17th Annual Buick vs. Ford Race 10-15-11

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FullAuto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Who is going to Thunder Valley tomorrow? For those that don't know about it, this is one of the bigger races for the state every year. The Buick Club hosts it. It's Buick, Pontiac, Oldsmobile, Cadillac and GMC Trucks vs the Fords. The majority is Buick Grand Nationals & T-Types vs. Mustangs but other GM & Ford powered stuff will be there. I'd say >80% are street cars. If you haven't been, you should check it out.

Gates open at 8AM. Qualifying usually runs until 1-2PM. Finals start about an hour or two after qualifying stops. It should be over around dark. $25 to race, $10 to watch, children under 12 are free.

If any of you have something that fits the description you want to race, bring it. This event brings in a lot of non-racers with little to no experience on the track. It's for slow daily drivers to crazy, rich guy, parachute required cars. For more information on how the event works, go here: http://okbuicks.com/shootoutflyer 2011.pdf

I'm all loaded up. I've always raced for Team Ford in the past but I sold my Mustang last month. I've had this dog for a couple of years and it's never been down the track. I should have the slowest trailered car at the event. If you have a nice Powerstroke, come take turns beating me. LOL

i1176.photobucket.com_albums_x331_StateFarmJohn_IMG_1249.jpg

gearys 5600

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used to go back in the mid to late 90's. Alot of fun...

I would drive my daily driver grand national from tulsa and run low 12's , drive it home with the a/c on getting 22 mpg.

FullAuto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Final score: Ford 52 - Buick 31

But I won my race... because the car I was supposed to race was broken and never made it to the lanes during finals. And I think I may have actually been the slowest trailered car at the race. LOL

AdvantageR1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice looking car FullAuto. Did you see a kid running a V6 Mustang with a supercharger on it. I talked to him the other night and he said he was hoping to get in the 12's. Didnt look like a safe car but sounded like it might do okay.

Latest posts

Top Bottom