1895 Marlin .45-70 and Leupold VX Hog 1X4

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pulp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife bought me this scope for Christmas, I put it on my Marlin .45-70. I laser sighted it last week, took it to a little range today and put it on paper. I really like the view through this little scope, and it has great eye relief. Sorry for the poor picture of the view throug the scope, that's not an easy photograph to take. For me at least. Loads were a 350 grain cast RN over 27 grains of 5744. Only 25 yards, I know most of y'all could do that at 100+, but for me that's not a bad group. I do have some 25 yard groups that look like they were shot with buckshot!
Oops, looks like I'm gonna have to put the pictures on photobucket then post the links. Sorry 'bout that. Be bak soon.

Last edited:

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Nice!

I just picked up a Marlin 1895 GSBL and have not shot it yet. Thinking about getting the Wild West "Trigger Happy" kit ... supposedly will drop the 7.5 pound trigger pull down to under 4 pounds.

Pulp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice!

I just picked up a Marlin 1895 GSBL and have not shot it yet. Thinking about getting the Wild West "Trigger Happy" kit ... supposedly will drop the 7.5 pound trigger pull down to under 4 pounds.
Mine has a crisp trigger, but is a bit heavier than I like. I'll look into the one you're referring too.

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Mine has a crisp trigger, but is a bit heavier than I like. I'll look into the one you're referring too.

My trigger has a good break but just a bit heavy. From reviews I have read, people are pleased with it. What I like is that if I should have to send it back to Marlin for any warranty work, I can drop the factory trigger unit back in.

Here is the link to Wild West. Ordering direct from them is $19.99 less than Midway USA or Brownell's. I am going to order one and will post a review after I get it to the range.

https://www.wildwestguns.com/product/trigger-happy-kit/

Latest posts

Top Bottom