19 = 9 better than 44

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Going by all the feedback on the G44.... you'll be happy.... because you could get lucky with certain types of ammo.... or not? #lengendaryperfection
Duh. You’re talking about the gen2? The one they’re beta testing in Switzerland right now, right?
I’d never buy a gen one anything, except maybe Jennifer Lawrence. I’ve seen the gen 4 version up close. Not impressed

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wroot wroo a manual safety, that's a step outside the norm, Will it pose a problem ?? 2011 they paid Taurus $1250 to $1900 each and they're going to pay Glock $891 each, :pms2: No wonder they choose Glock..
Thank you sir.. :lmfao:
This guy needs a special forum all to hisself.

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The discussion brought in statements of manufacturing quality, reliability, customer service, worldwide acceptance, etc.

I mean we are taking about a country whose best accomplishment was developing a waxing technique resulting in a very desirable smooth finish.
You’re so 2003. Unless you’re talking about the backyard of course

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@Mad Professor, for the record. I own Glocks too but this particular model (Glock 44) I'm just not sold on yet. I don't want to have to use premium ammo instead of cheap bulk and put the magazine on a flat service, pull the ammo assistance loader down just the right amount making sure the noses of the more expensive ammo are pointed up all while standing on one foot and holding my mouth just right. Like I've said, I'll wait til after another batch or two have been made and that problem and a couple of others have been addressed by Glock.

Last edited:

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@Mad Professor, for the record. I own Glocks too but this particular model (Glock 44) I'm just not sold on yet. I don't want to have to use premium ammo instead of cheap bulk and put the magazine on a flat service, pull the ammo assistance loader down just the right amount making sure the noses of the more expensive ammo are pointed up all while standing on one foot and holding my mouth just right. Like I've said, I'll wait til after another batch or two have been made and that problem has been addressed buy Glock.

Making sure the first round is not nose down is the same technique I have to use in several of my .22s. And you are overstating the method needed on the Glock mag. Just invert it and reduce the tension on the follower.

I admit that I’m extremely disappointed in Glock with some of the issues in the 44. But mostly because they grossly overhyped the reliability with such a broad range of ammo. Maybe with some prototype. I watched a 44 barf at a match today at least 3 times with 2 shooters on bulk Remington. My ran like a champ with heavy sights and 5.4c CCI mini-mags. The same round I use to make my 22/45 and 10/22 run 100%.

No big deal to me, and I can run all the bulk stuff I want when I’m willing to clear a malfunction or three.

I don’t blame you for waiting. I bough two the first week they were released and I have no regrets. When they come up with a mod to make them more reliable, I’ll fix it or send it in. Until then, I’ll continue to run rounds through it enjoying shooting it in competitions. It will be limited to GSSF comps because my 22/45 is better suited for most other competitions. But the 44 still better serves a few places in my needs better than the 22/45, or my other .22 pistols do.

It ain’t perfect, but it fits a need for me.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
@Mad Professor, for the record. I own Glocks too but this particular model (Glock 44) I'm just not sold on yet. I don't want to have to use premium ammo instead of cheap bulk and put the magazine on a flat service, pull the ammo assistance loader down just the right amount making sure the noses of the more expensive ammo are pointed up all while standing on one foot and holding my mouth just right. Like I've said, I'll wait til after another batch or two have been made and that problem and a couple of others have been addressed buy Glock.
Mac is that you?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well at least you have shot a G44 before trash talking it like a large percentage of the haters on the net. As soon as the OD Green show up I will have one of those in my safe also. My sons G44 has been very reliable over the first 1000 rounds. Its a super fun gun to shoot. I have 5 mags for his and its not a big deal to me to load 2 mags vs 1. If they come out with 15 rounders then I will pick some of those up soon enough. I mean I got 31 and 33 round Glock mags. When I shoot my G19 its getting 15 rounders 99% of the time.

As for negatives. I haven't seen this deluge of used G44s on the net for sale. I would give someone $300 today for their hated G44 and if it didn't run right I got no problem calling Glock to get it right. From what I have seen across multiple forums. You got the same 3-5 people doing 90% of the hating and a couple of them are making money off clicks and views.
That happens with a lot of guns/calibers.
They think of themselves as gun experts with never shooting the caliber and call it unacceptable because it's a barrel burner or some stupid reasoning before it ever hits the market!
.243 WSSM being the prime example. Barrel burner! Although the .22-250 has been sending round down range at the same velocity for how many years?
Internet gun experts are a dime a dozen. Beware their opinions unless you know their backgrounds.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
:cry11: Actually.... > :pms2: I'd pit it against the 44 for reliability and ammo usage, I'd make a small / tiny wager it'll eat more .22 types than the 44..:fullauto: LOL, Showdown
Not too hard to make that happen!
I was into a verbal competition once with a member that said my Kimber .45 wouldn't hold up against his glock in a 1000 round match with no cleaning. Since I'd used it for years in competition I knew it would work. Surpassed that mark a couple of times to make sure it would so it was a no brainer. Never got a place to do that from the glock owner that was a fanboy, but that is past history.
Y'all set up a time and place and lets see it happen!

Latest posts

Top Bottom