19 = 9 better than 44

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Making sure the first round is not nose down is the same technique I have to use in several of my .22s. And you are overstating the method needed on the Glock mag. Just invert it and reduce the tension on the follower.

I admit that I’m extremely disappointed in Glock with some of the issues in the 44. But mostly because they grossly overhyped the reliability with such a broad range of ammo. Maybe with some prototype. I watched a 44 barf at a match today at least 3 times with 2 shooters on bulk Remington. My ran like a champ with heavy sights and 5.4c CCI mini-mags. The same round I use to make my 22/45 and 10/22 run 100%.

No big deal to me, and I can run all the bulk stuff I want when I’m willing to clear a malfunction or three.

I don’t blame you for waiting. I bough two the first week they were released and I have no regrets. When they come up with a mod to make them more reliable, I’ll fix it or send it in. Until then, I’ll continue to run rounds through it enjoying shooting it in competitions. It will be limited to GSSF comps because my 22/45 is better suited for most other competitions. But the 44 still better serves a few places in my needs better than the 22/45, or my other .22 pistols do.

It ain’t perfect, but it fits a need for me.

I knew where you stood from the other thread/s , this thread was to poke fun and it succeeded.. The Taurus because it's Taurus came out without hype and performed, less the barrel machining chatter.. The Glock on the other hand was hyped to the hilt and came out and fell on its face..

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Actually c
loser to $203 USD

I’m sure the manual safety will pose many problems. Operator based problems because of a manual operated thumb safety, yes. But, I doubt there will any mechanical issues related to the addition of the safety.

Unfortunately, price does come into play in the contracts and has too much of an influence as far as I’m concerned.

So..... name a few military or police agencies outside of South Africa issuing Taurus. (The firearm, not the Ford vehicle)

Surely there are agencies selecting for performance and not just price.

I'm not a Taurus fan the TX is the only one I have.. I am a .22 fan and wish the 44 had been all that and a bag of chips..

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I knew where you stood from the other thread/s , this thread was to poke fun and it succeeded.. The Taurus because it's Taurus came out without hype and performed, less the barrel machining chatter.. The Glock on the other hand was hyped to the hilt and came out and fell on its face..

FWIW, they still haven't resolved the barrel issue.... per some boys on Taurusarmed. They were made aware of it in April of last year.

Both of these guns are a bit of a disappointment IMO, but with Taurus, I expect it. I wish a quality company would figure out how to stack 16rds of .22 in a mag.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
@Mad Professor, for the record. I own Glocks too but this particular model (Glock 44) I'm just not sold on yet. I don't want to have to use premium ammo instead of cheap bulk and put the magazine on a flat service, pull the ammo assistance loader down just the right amount making sure the noses of the more expensive ammo are pointed up all while standing on one foot and holding my mouth just right. Like I've said, I'll wait til after another batch or two have been made and that problem and a couple of others have been addressed by Glock.

Or you could buy 5000 rounds of CCI stingers for $279, load the mags any way you want, slingshot or slide release, and enjoy 100% reliability. Mine has ran 100% with cci and about 99% with Federal blue box bulk purchased at academy. But according to some, I could be a fanboy lying because mine actually runs horrible with all ammo and likely to blow up in my hand at any moment. Your money, your choice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
FWIW, they still haven't resolved the barrel issue.... per some boys on Taurusarmed. They were made aware of it in April of last year.

Both of these guns are a bit of a disappointment IMO, but with Taurus, I expect it. I wish a quality company would figure out how to stack 16rds of .22 in a mag.

I can't say as I don't do but this 1 board for the most part.. The barrel issue in the TX is machining chatter which is a simple fix, if it hasn't been fixed shame on Taurus... I purchased my TX at Atwoods and inspected it as best I could and found it acceptable.. 2020 disappointment is the new norm...

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can't say as I don't do but this 1 board for the most part.. The barrel issue in the TX is machining chatter which is a simple fix, if it hasn't been fixed shame on Taurus... I purchased my TX at Atwoods and inspected it as best I could and found it acceptable.. 2020 disappointment is the new norm...

https://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/taurus-product-problems/409435-tx-22-barrel-issues-14.html

Read the whole thread. Taurus is gonna Taurus. I like the concept of the TX, I just can't trust putting a can on one of these things, because their QC is garbage. Hope they get it worked out and that changes.

Completely unimpressed with the G44 too, and it's definitely had it's issues.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
https://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/taurus-product-problems/409435-tx-22-barrel-issues-14.html

Read the whole thread. Taurus is gonna Taurus. I like the concept of the TX, I just can't trust putting a can on one of these things, because their QC is garbage. Hope they get it worked out and that changes.

Completely unimpressed with the G44 too, and it's definitely had it's issues.

Read the last few pages and I'll repeat, too many are pushing a product before it's ready, beta testing seems to have taken the place of QC .. Too bad Canik or CZ is not making a .22 pistol.. Go back a few years and the Mosquito was the problem child.. Hopefully interest in sales and recognition has them all step up and do better..

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Read the last few pages and I'll repeat, too many are pushing a product before it's ready, beta testing seems to have taken the place of QC .. Too bad Canik or CZ is not making a .22 pistol.. Go back a few years and the Mosquito was the problem child.. Hopefully interest in sales and recognition has them all step up and do better..

Not sure what you're arguing here. You made the statement that "if it hasn't been fixed"....and it was a simple fix.... and I was just showing that guys are still popping up with issues AND they can't get replacement barrels.

nich018

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I had a Mosquito that had problems. Polished the feed ramp and worked great. Even the cheapo bulk.

Latest posts

Top Bottom