1911 .22lr need help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mhphoto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Low end would be the Chiappa 1911-22. You can find them in town for $279. It's cheap and the sights suck (unless you get the target model, which I haven't seen yet in Tulsa), but it is reliable after it's broken in. And it's a hoot to shoot. I have one and I love it.

If you have more money than that I hear that the ATI GSG 1911 is a great gun. It's only about $50 more, but I've heard that in terms of quality it's much better than the Chiappa. More faithful to the original design, too.

Here are some picture of the two side by side (not my pics):

(The Chiappa is the one without the grip safety)

ai23.photobucket.com_albums_b375_randy25rhoads_DSC_0982.jpg

ai23.photobucket.com_albums_b375_randy25rhoads_DSC_0983.jpg

Chiappa left, GSG right.

ai23.photobucket.com_albums_b375_randy25rhoads_DSC_0986.jpg

Chiappa has polymer magazines. Very reliable in my experience.

ai23.photobucket.com_albums_b375_randy25rhoads_DSC_0992.jpg

Chiappa right, GSG left.

ai23.photobucket.com_albums_b375_randy25rhoads_Picture1_10.jpg

mhphoto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh, and to tell you the truth, if I had to do it over again I'd get the GSG. Not that the Chiappa hasn't reliably fulfilled its purpose as a plinker, but the GSG is just much better quality. Although the one hit against it is the takedown. The Chiappa's takedown is much easier.

pinkhamr

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have a GSG 1911 and it performs very well. I also shoot it with a Can and it will eat just about anything. The only drawback is that it is not a steel pistol but some sort of heavy alloy. For the price you can't beat it. If you start looking at conversion kits for the 1911, try the Ciener, a lot cheaper then the Kimber kit, and shoots just as well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom